Spelling Checkers

Guest Paracelsus

Guest Paracelsus

After reading about the ieSpell, spell check program on another thread... Web ForumI just couldn't resist posting this little ditty. Most of you have probably come across something similar (no doubt there are several variants floating around), but this one's my favorite. Don't know whom to credit, although the person must have been in the UK, or other Commonwealth country, to get away with "Chequer".A few of the errors don't pass any longer, since the advent of Grammar Check, but it still amazes me how many do :( :( Just a playful reminder that spell checking can never completely replace good ol' painful proofreading :D :D "The Spelling Chequer Poem"I have a spelling chequerIt came with my PC.It plane lee marks fore my revueMiss steaks aye can knot sea.Eye ran this poem threw it.Your sure real glad two no.Its very polished in it's weigh, My checker tolled me sew.A chequer is a blessing.It freeze yew lodes of thyme.It helps me right awl stiles two reed,and aides me when aye rime.Each frays comes posed up on my screenEye trussed too bee a joule.The checker pours o'er every word To cheque sum spelling rule.Bee fore a veiling checkersHour spelling mite decline,And if we're lacks oar have a laps, We wood bee maid too wine.Butt now bee cause my spellingIs checked with such grate flare,There are know faults with in my cite,Of nun eye am a wear.Now spelling does not phase me,It does knot bring a tier.My pay purrs awl due glad denWith wrapped words fare as hear.To rite with care is quite a feetOf witch won should be proud,And wee mussed dew the best wee can,Sew flaws are knot aloud.Sow ewe can sea why aye dew praysSuch soft wear four pea seas,And why eye brake in two averseBuy righting want too please.