jenfitz20

Hello All, I'm new and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jennifer or Jen. I live in San Diego and am married with two adult kids. I've been using the computer since 1998. I've come a long ways since I first started but I'm always eager to keep learning. So, I'm just finding my way around here and already I've got some new and helpful ideas to think about. Jennifer :D

Welcome Jen, make sure you watch out for those "Penguin Crossing" signs while you're out here. And if you happen to talk to one of those non-flying birds, don't worry if you don't understand the lingo. You will eventually come to understand . Watch out for the one wearing shades, he's always laying traps for unsuspecting prey!! :o :D You’ve already met some of his accomplices. :D

I would like to extend a welcome to you Jen from across the pond in England, hope you have fun here. There are some sensible members I believe, but I have not really met any of them yet. :D

Hi, Jen, and welcome!!One bit of advice.... you may want to stay away from the multi-page topics here in the cooler, or you may find yourself sucked into the vortex known as "Jeber-land" :o :D :o :D

Welcome to our little electronic world, Jen. Finally another resident of San Diego! What part of town do you call home? I reside in the muti-cultural City Heights area.Enjoy yourself here...this is a very unique forum, as I'm sure you'll discover. :D

For the record, I believe Stryder is referring to the Cooler...the rest of the forum is extremely practical and useful. Which explains why you'll seldom find me there. :D

Welcome !!Found this for you:linuxsmall.jpg :D  :D
Wow, Jen! Quint is giving you a porsche! Maybe its because you joined in November. New members in October were only given advice -- advice from Jeber et al, really, reeeally bad advice too! :o

Welcome Aboard! Since you are new to the forum, let me explain. All the references to penguins are referring to the All Things Linux section. The penguin with shades is Bruno, who rarely leaves the All Things Linux section these days. However, let it be known that you have curly hair (???)and he might return to this section.I can't say much. When I joined the forum I knew absoutely ZERO about Linux. Now I know just a little more. It's a great place. A friendly place. If you are suffering from the empty nest syndrome (or enjoying it) you will find this will eat up all that spare time you wondered how you could use. Glad you are here. Those of us that claim to be of the female species are a rare breed around here but we let our presence be known. :D

Guest LilBambi

Oh, no! Even Hondas Jeber?!Oh, well ... will enjoy the Honda while it lasts ... will have to check the odometer again ... think it was close to 150,000 miles last I looked which was a while ago. :w00t: I think maintenance is a bit less with a Honda than a Porche though :blink: :blink:

Obviously Jeber does not drive a quality car. We just gave away a car with 215,000 miles and 12 years old just because the insurance was almost equal to the value. It still ran great without any problems. :blink:

Jeez, you guys won't let me get by with anything, will you? :blink: You see, jenfitz20...this is what happens in the Cooler. You may start a thread about one thing, but within a few (can't be exact, or I'll get called on it again) posts, the thread has veered sharply off topic and starts to wander about on it's own. We don't fight it...just go with the flow. :blink:

Good One Quint!!my 1979 GMC 4x4 is still going strong, even tho it needs a new body - the joys of rust and the joys of having your state road department use salt on the roads to melt the ice.

Welcome jenfitz20! Look's like you've met the gang now :blink: Despite how crazy everone may seem, this really is a wonderful forum. :blink: I hope you have a nice time here!

Cluttermagnet
Jeez, you guys won't let me get by with anything, will you?  :shifty: You see, jenfitz20...this is what happens in the Cooler.  You may start a thread about one thing, but within a few (can't be exact, or I'll get called on it again) posts, the thread has veered sharply off topic and starts to wander about on it's own.  We don't fight it...just go with the flow. :teehee:
Welcome, Jen-I see you've already met most of the neighborhood 'characters'. :lol: Don't worry, they're all pretty much harmless. ;) Yes, Jeber is right about people changing a subject, but whatever you do, if you start a topic of your own, don't encourage others to take over and drive for you. They will promptly run it right off the road and into a ditch. Then you have to come and tow them out, straighten their fenders, and rehabilitate some of your characters before you can send them on their merry way. (Remember the wild party scene in "Gremlins"? Sorta like that only less scary) :lol:Next time I will speak to you about gravity and its opposite, comedy.Best, Clutter

beeTeeWelcome Jen, make sure you watch out for those "Penguin Crossing" signs while you're out here.
penguin_crossing1.jpg
Ross549One bit of advice.... you may want to stay away from the multi-page topics here in the cooler, or you may find yourself sucked into the vortex known as "Jeber-land"
whirlpool1.GIF
CorrineWow, Jen! Quint is giving you a porsche!
Way Cool!! You won a Porsche - all I won was 50,000 SFNL Forum credits. I still don't know what to do with them! :teehee:
TeacherThose of us that claim to be of the female species are a rare breed around here but we let our presence be known.
Count me in! :lol:
CluttermagnetNext time I will speak to you about gravity and its opposite, comedy.Best, Clutter
Can't wait! :shifty:

Guest LilBambi

Hey, Sieb!Was wondering when you'd get here LOL!And I was seeing triple there for a minute and then my focus came back and now I see just one and pictures all set in nicely :shifty:

Think maybe we chased her off??? ;) 
More like scared her off!
Probably installing Mandrake. ;)
In your dreams :lol:Actually, since joining the forum, I've made a modest switch to open source. I installed Mozilla on my home pc over the weekend. I'm really enjoying having a tabbed browser again. I had used Firebird on my old PC but had problems with .6. For some reason it wouldn't import my address book. I like the clean lines of Mozilla but really miss ieSpell.

Congrats Corrine!! that is great to hear of the change or at least trying it. MozillaFirebird 0.7 is out btw and is a super browser. May want to post your problem in the MozillaFirebird section - they probably can fix it for ya