SkyDrive to become OneDrive

Corrine

As you may recall, last summer Microsoft backed off on the trademark issue with BSkyB and announced that SkyDrive would be renamed. Fitting with the One Microsoft theme, the SkyDrive is being renamed OneDrive.

Announcement by Ryan Gavin, General Manager, Consumer Apps & Services: OneDrive for Everything in Your Life | OneDrive Blog.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

SkyDrive, er... I mean OneDrive looks very nice. I don't really need the service, though. I already have DropBox and I hardly have anything in there at this time.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't keep up with these name changes.

I'm still looking for one of my Live Spaces account from a few years ago that was seized due to "improper content". . . thud.gif

MS did restore 2 other Live Spaces accounts without explanation after my initial MVP award in Oct 2009. All they contained were links to my BSOD threads that interested me/ thought they may help me in the future, like this very "busy" Google Blog site -

http://jcgriff2.blogspot.com/

("busy" in this case is non-flattering!)

• 4 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Well, I was a bit bored earlier tonight, so I consolidated my Microsoft login identities and signed up for One Drive. I downloaded the app to my Win 7.

Pretty COOL, actually! :)