Moar space

securitybreach

securitybreach

So I got a 5tb external and now I have 14 terabytes of storage of my main machine. If you would of told me that I would have this much space only 5 years ago, I would of called you insane....

xM9Ljpr.png BWaeQT6.png

V.T. Eric Layton

When are you going to set up a static IP with your ISP and allow us to store our stuff on the JoshBox? OneJoshDrive? ;)

securitybreach

When are you going to set up a static IP with your ISP and allow us to store our stuff on the JoshBox? OneJoshDrive? ;)

Well as you can see, most of my drives are getting full or close to it hence why I added the 5tb one.. If I had to guess, I'll have that one full within a year or less. Yes I have a problem but no, I do not want an intervention :hilarious:

Honestly, things are so big nowadays that you can easily fill up storage. 4k movies average about 25gb, pc games are 30gb and over, large resolution images can get a few hundred mb a piece, tons of books/documents, music and movie collections, etc. (all stuff I own and backed up). It all adds up. ;)

But if I did have a ton of extra storage, I would gladly provide cloud storage for all my friends....

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I've got two 150Gig drives (sync'd to one another as backup for my main OS) and one 300Gig (MS Win 7 and common storage) drive on my main system. That's 600Gig or so. I probably have more than 2/3s of that as free space. I'm such a boring slob; no goodies or much of anything of interest on my drives. :(

• Like 1

So I got a 5tb external and now I have 14 terabytes of storage of my main machine. If you would of told me that I would have this much space only 5 years ago, I would of called you insane....

Still not enough to download the Internet. :)

sed "s/of/have/"

• Like 2

Just wasted a while trying to find out how big the internet actually is, but it was tricky to find any source game to even guess. Closest I could find estimated at least 1 million exabytes (10^24 bytes).

• Like 1

securitybreach

Just wasted a while trying to find out how big the internet actually is, but it was tricky to find any source game to even guess. Closest I could find estimated at least 1 million exabytes (10^24 bytes).

I'll have that on my home machine in 10 years....

• Like 2