• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SonicDragon

SonicDragon

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 06:39 PM

I'm trying to burn a few ISOs on to CDs and i think i'm doing something incorrectly.I've tried mounting the ISO then dragging all the files on to the CD and hitting burn, and just dragging the ISO into the blank disk and hitting burn. Both end up the same way: in an error that says something about the disk not verifying, and that the disk may not be usable...Any ideas?

#2 OFFLINE   Arena2045

Arena2045

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:08 PM

I believe the warning saying that the CD may be unusable, might refer to it not closing the burn session, but I can't be 100% sure.Anyway; use Disk Utility to burn your ISOs.- Open Disk Utility ( HD > Applications > Utilities )- Drag your ISO file into the listing window *- Select the ISO file in the listing window, click Burn- Click little arrow to access more options- Under "After Burning" Make sure you have "Verify burn" checked.Thats should do it. ;)QT movie short: ISO-burn.zip* If you don't want to drag the ISP file to the listing window, just make sure that nothing is selected in the window, and click the burn button.  It will give you a window so you can select were the ISO file is.
The Lavender ribbon symbolizes/supports Cancer Awareness - As a cancer survivor, I wear a lavender ribbon. I'm an All-Things-Apple/Mac Enthusiast... You can visit my site, and get links to all of my online profiles at: http://7nk.us/me

#3 OFFLINE   SonicDragon

SonicDragon

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 11:43 AM

Oooh! I see. Great >_< I'll give that a try.Thanks :rolleyes:

#4 OFFLINE   SonicDragon

SonicDragon

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:02 PM

Well, i gave that a try, and more or less the same thing happens. It burns the cd, then it gets 1/4 - 1/2 way through verifying it and it says verification error and ejects the disk.Any idea what it's doing when it's "verifying" it? I'm going to run an MD5 check on the cd and see if it really is burning correctly.

#5 OFFLINE   Arena2045

Arena2045

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:55 PM

Can you give me a URL to one of the ones that isn't working so I can try it on my system?And I'm sure I don't need to say this, but will anyway... Are you exceeding the burning speed of the media?  And is the media a name brand (ie good quality) or off brand (ie not so good)?
The Lavender ribbon symbolizes/supports Cancer Awareness - As a cancer survivor, I wear a lavender ribbon. I'm an All-Things-Apple/Mac Enthusiast... You can visit my site, and get links to all of my online profiles at: http://7nk.us/me

#6 OFFLINE   SonicDragon

SonicDragon

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 02:10 PM

And I'm sure I don't need to say this, but will anyway... Are you exceeding the burning speed of the media? And is the media a name brand (ie good quality) or off brand (ie not so good)?
Actually... i didn't think about that. It may be burning faster than the media. I didn't change the settings (i'm used to the slow burner on the PC. I didn't even think about that!). When i get home i'll try that. And yes, the cd's are probably not so good ;) But, they've always worked before on the PC. I'd give you the URL, but it's a slackware disk, and it's just under 700 MB so i you might want to download that just yet haha. I actually don't remember which mirror i got it from anyway.   ;) Thanks :D

#7 OFFLINE   SonicDragon

SonicDragon

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:40 PM

That was it. I was trying to burn them too fast  :thumbsup: Thanks again

#8 OFFLINE   Arena2045

Arena2045

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 07:40 PM

You are very welcome... It just came to mind after I made the QuickTime short, since I was using old 16X media in my 32X burner, I had to set the speed down.Glad it was a simple solution!  I hope you like Disk Utility better for burning your ISO's.If you drag your ISOs to that listing pane you can remove listed items below the line by dragging them out of the window and releasing.

#9 OFFLINE   SonicDragon

SonicDragon

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 07:48 PM

I hope you like Disk Utility better for burning your ISO's.
Yea, that works great :thumbsup: Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users