5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yellowpike

yellowpike

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:50 PM

Hi Gang.Came across this link <_<  http://visualize.phe.../visualzone.htmLooks interesting but doesn't explicitly include Win XP in compatability list (bottom of page).Reference is made on page as follows..."Windows 2000 and XP user accounts - VisualZone now stores its configuration and database files in folders that are compatible with Windows 2000 and XP's 'limited' user accounts. This prevents the access denied error (#5) when running VisualZone on Windows 2000 or XP while being logged in as a 'limited' user. Please note that VisualZone still needs access rights to the folder where ZoneAlarm stores its log file. "regardsyellowpike

#2 OFFLINE   Rons

Rons

Forum Fiend

• Forum MVP
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:38 PM

Interesting................ <_<

#3 OFFLINE   ibe98765

ibe98765

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 05:09 AM

I ran Visual Zone for quite a while but starting having problems with it 6 months or so ago on WinXP.  They never replied to email, so I got rid of the program.  While it made the ZA logs easier to read, I didn't often do that anyway, so it didn't matter much to me.  Although I sent them a few emails, I only have one saved.  Here is the contents:

1. It would help if you would use the same nomenclature as ZA.  For instance, ZA uses SOURCE IP where you use INTRUDER IP.2. VZ doesn't appear to show the "action taken" as ZA does.3. It would be helpful to be able to export log data to an HTML file for saving or further examination.  Should be able to choose:- One or more info lines (including the title elements)- The entire file- Some portion of the file (by day, by day and time, etc.).4. I've hidden the GMT column.  Since it seems that you are translating to local time, why is this field even necessary?

#4 OFFLINE   yellowpike

yellowpike

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 10:31 AM

ibe98765What sort of trouble did you run into (if you remeber) ?yellowpike

#5 OFFLINE   Ed_P

Ed_P

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 12:56 PM

I use to use Visual Zone a couple of years ago. It did a nice job of displaying the ZA log and allowing you to trace IP addresses.  But it stopped working when ZA changed their log format I think in version 3.  It was when ZA added the Archive the Log Daily option.The images on the website still look like the old ZA so it may still not work with the current ZA.In fact I still have it on the hd and the last file date is 9/24/2002.See this page on their website.
Ed

#6 OFFLINE   ibe98765

ibe98765

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 11:57 PM

yellowpike, on Jan 10 2004, 06:26 AM, said:

ibe98765What sort of trouble did you run into (if you remeber) ?yellowpike
I was getting some sort of error message window on an intermittent basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users