Ultimate Hardware Website

GolfProRM

Check out Tom's Hardware Guide.It's an incredible site for info/benchmarks/tests of all sorts of hardware. If you're looking to buy something new, check out the info here first... I've used this site for all sorts of info, especially when it came to deciding what video card to buy... They do very extensive testing and post results based on all sorts of configurations... Definitely a site for your bookmarks. :)They also have a hardware newsletter that you can sign up for :P

Ahh, Dr. Pabst! Yes, the grandaddy of hardware sites. His was the one that I discovered back in late 1996 when I was trying to tweak more peformance from my ASUS P/I-P55T2P4 motherboard. Here's the article that got me hooked on knowing everything about motherboards, performance, and eventually overclocking! :P

Yeah, Tom's has been mentioned several times in the newsletter -- although not recently. I think it was once a Link of the Week (back in like 1999 or something). I also recommended it when I was doing the Build Your Own PC series, back in like 2000 or 2001.It's a great site, but I could do without everyone starting a newsletter already. :P :P ;) -- Scot

Yeah... I've known about it for a couple years, but thought it deserved mention in the new Hardware Forum ;) Was kind of curious to see how many people here knew about it... :P

DEFINATELY deserved a mention Ryan. I did not mean it in that way at all. That is one of the best hardware info sites there is. As I have slowly learned, what is common knowledge to one person is something totally new to another. Good post!!Sorry if my original reply did not convey what I really meant.

DEFINATELY deserved a mention Ryan. I did not mean it in that way at all. That is one of the best hardware info sites there is. As I have slowly learned, what is common knowledge to one person is something totally new to another. Good post!!Sorry if my original reply did not convey what I really meant.
Nope... didn't come off that way... just wanted to clarify things :P Didn't mean to be a direct response to anyone's post here... just a comment about my intentions! ;)

Guest LilBambi

Ryan --Great link and perfect for the new Hardware Forum!They have definitely been a great source for indepth hardware reviews for quite a while and it's great to put more folks onto this site.It's the only one of its kind that I am aware of. Others have done a very nice job of reviewing hardware products in general, but I hadn't found any place that goes into as great a detail as Tom's Hardware.Peachy --I love that ... grandaddy of hardware sites! That really is the truth!Scot --

It's a great site, but I could do without everyone starting a newsletter already.
LOL! :D

• 3 weeks later...

You guys probably noticed I made Tom's Link of the Week. I did the research, and I never DID make them Link of the Week. It way W-A-Y overdue. GolfProRM, I should have credited you in the newsletter. Sorry. You deserved it for plucking this one.-- Scot

Guest ThunderRiver

Hehe yeah Tom's Hardware guide has always been my first stop before buying new hardwares. Unfortunately a number of my hardware are quite unwanted, such as PCI version of GeforceFX 5200. I could not find much information on the PCI versions. Many people recommended me to upgrade my mobo, but I feel that I can do with PCI card, and I did. I am happy with the way it is though.

Scot,No problem with the lack of a credit... It really doesn't matter to me... the important part is that people actually go check out the site! B) Seeing my name below it won't mean anything to most people B)