Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 25 January 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

No love for scrot I see...... B)

Apparently Shutter is scrot based.

View PostCapt.Crow, on 26 January 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

Maybe if I knew how to give it a link to quick launch :- Alt/F2
Same with ksnap and shutter.
Something wrong with Java.
At the very least I'm beginning to find my way around the file system and the tree. So that's good

Follow the links,

http://shutter-project.org/faq-help/

http://shutter-proje...nshot-tool/#kde

:whistling:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#27 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,795 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

View PostCapt.Crow, on 26 January 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

Maybe if I knew how to give it a link to quick launch :- Alt/F2
Same with ksnap and shutter.
Something wrong with Java.
At the very least I'm beginning to find my way around the file system and the tree. So that's good

Open a terminal and type scrot or Alt/F2 and type scrot.  That is all there is to it
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#28 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

Well surprise surprise . I got a 'Stolen laptop tracker' But it does have the word scrot in the readme txt.>http://preyproject.com< This just get's better . :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:  Alt/f2 just decided to co-operate . :thudna5:
Linux counter no . 393441

#29 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

Gimp . can snapshot . and at least it will invoke. So now I just have to read the man pgs.Hopefully snapshot on the way . Maybe my linux desktop . So one thing at a time . Here goes. Gracious friends thank you for input

#30 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,795 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

:thumbup:

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#31 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

Well so far there are some pawltry screen shots saved . Too poor to send to imgur . But getting there

#32 OFFLINE   Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet

Nocturnal Radio Geek

• Forum MVP
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:54 AM

Running a 'consumer grade' OS like Linux Mint makes it pretty easy. On pretty much every piece of hardware I own, a dozen or more platforms, the PrtScn key just works. Press the key, a dialog window pops up. Tell it a name for your screen grab and where to put it. Presto, graphic created. Then you can open gimp and photo edit to your heart's content. Crop it down, etc. Then post it to Imgur, which was a great suggestion on Josh's part. I just started using Imgur and like it a lot.

Honestly, you guys with your arch and slackware sometimes remind me of that scene in the movie Animal House- the 'other' fraternity's initiation rites. Whack! Thank you sir, may I have another? Whack! (etc.) :hysterical:

No, seriously, I do admire folks who compile their own OS. I've been too lazy to learn. :sorcerer: :medic: :worthy:
Special Limited Edition Cluttermaster 2007 with direct air cooling system.
"ClutterLabs" --open hardware for open software" .......... Registered Linux User 446867

("It takes an entire village to raise a child...")
"It takes only one bulldozer to raze an entire village..."
"Hey, Mel- isn't that your kid driving that bulldozer?"

In loving memory of Bruno Knaapen of Amsterdam, who shared
his love of Linux, and thereby made the world a better place...

#33 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

I believe the whole idea behind Linux ,is one dosn't side step problems ,lateral thinking is fine and workarounds cool. The first and foremost thing is community and the interaction laid bare for all to see. Novice and maestro alike . PrSc is a dead banana on this system for a while . In the meantime The gimp is coming along .

#34 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:03 PM

Has anyone used "multistrap"....Trying to find out how to get rid of "foreign architure" This broken junk is stopping me install stuff. Always getting error code 2.

used rm to get rid of the old adobe .. Maybe it gone maybe not . If not will use "shred"

Finding bigger weapons all the time . Wageing war on bugs :devil: :devil: :devil:

#35 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

Well I've just discovered that the last entry in>///var/log/dpkg.log< was on the 2014.04.29.  Something smells a bit off there.

That as I remember was when I tried to install Skype.... So it looks like it's back to the manuals and try to repair dkpg.

I have been over on LQ looking for the answers . No luck yet .

Adobe flashplugin :- I've been wondering if I can install Palemoon will flah work in well with that .

#36 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,795 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

It looks like Palemoon uses Firefox plugins and such so it should pick it up:
http://sourceforge.n...and extensions/

#37 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

Palemoon is now d/lded to /usr/home. unpacked and I've got the pminstaller.sh    Now everytime I try to install I get
>Authorisation required<>Please enter your password<  in a popup box. Neither my root nor user passwords satisfy
this requirement. Does one have to get some password from the Palemoon site . I have even tried it on Root terminal .
Still no movement .

#38 OFFLINE   zlim

zlim

It's me, plodr

• Forum MVP
  • 6,987 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:53 PM

Root password is supposed to do it
http://linuxg.net/ho...le-moon-easily/
Liz
Registered Linux User # 401459
Posted Image

#39 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:15 PM

Well it moved on a little But the root pwd still wont kickstart this little baby .

#40 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:58 PM

Just a thought but this may be an easier way to get down and dirty with linux in a fun and funky way.

http://www.evolutionlinux.com/

:whistling:
Install ARCH

#41 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:05 PM

I've just read the intro page . It really looks interesting . Bookmarked for  future research. Good link Thank you .

#42 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

View PostCapt.Crow, on 13 February 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

I've just read the intro page . It really looks interesting . Bookmarked for  future research. Good link Thank you .

Depending on your broadband speed you could be up and running within the hour. :devil: :whistling:
Install ARCH

#43 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

This desktop has no room for another OS. The Dell I normally use for watching movies is on the blink ,graphics wise, and it only has Microkarp on it so as I get the time I will bring that on line .

#44 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,795 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:03 AM

:)

#45 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

Update:- After an attack of whiskey fingers the others night I couldn't get the shut down to shut it down .I deleted the taskbar instead of closing a web page. So (humble pie swallowed whole) pressed and held in the box button until it complied . Soooooo crazy.
However today I started it up in recovery mode and with a little bit of fiddling around I have the box working again . But not totally restored to it's pristine condition.
I cannot get .the clock nor the earcandy volume control back .other things like nepomuk neither . but they are not so important . The main thing is the KDE quick launch is intact.
Two hours rooting in the online man pages gives me a new wealth of info . But sadly I cannot find the specifics that I require .
Actually the mouse which has a lot less bodyweight was totally squiffo .I was not too legless to make it down from the loft and into the crib without rousing the household . But that drunken lout of a mouse certainly created havoc with my desktop. :whistling:

#46 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,024 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:27 PM

Isn't that mouse a bit young to be imbibing? Are you contributing to the delinquency of a minor mouse?

Posted Image

#47 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostCapt.Crow, on 06 May 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

I cannot get .the clock nor the earcandy volume control back .other things like nepomuk neither . but they are not so important . The main thing is the KDE quick launch is intact.
Sounds like you have removed your "System Tray".
registered Linux user number 324659  || The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageKXStudio
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#48 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,795 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

View Postsunrat, on 06 May 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

If  that is the case, Right click desktop, Add widgets, find system tray item, drag-n-drop onto your panel somewhere.

#49 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:02 AM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 06 May 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

View Postsunrat, on 06 May 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

If  that is the case, Right click desktop, Add widgets, find system tray item, drag-n-drop onto your panel somewhere.
Awww, I wanted to leave a bit of a challenge. ;)
registered Linux user number 324659  || The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageKXStudio
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#50 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

Found the system tray in the swamp. Hosed it down
Stuck a few badges on it.
It works. .    
It's not where i;s supposed to be looks really ugly ,but I will pretty it up later.
Now get seated securely ....This minute I;m stuck crawling along o the worst OS ever .That and the notebook conspire to frustrate and create hot keys willi nilly.
Why ? well it;s the only way I can get out o n this <E3272> huawei broadband dongle
I've had a look in it;s files and they're written in a very obscure English ... .Has to be installed by root .

Tried the term . I can cd to the install files .But for the life of me I just cannot get the syntax right . to install the rotten thing . on Debian . Yet again the Crow is feeling really SKEWPIT!!!
And the tiny screen on this thing sure don;t help any .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users