Jimmy Lee, Rest in Peace my dear friend

securitybreach

securitybreach

Some of you may not know but Fran's (lilbambi) husband passed away last night at 10:30 est because of liver failure and other complications. He was a dear friend of mine as well as many, many others and was a very friendly, knowledgeable person and a general all around Linux guru.

He was a great friend of mine and I enjoyed talking to him on a daily basis. He had a great sense of humor and I could always relate to what he was saying. I want to believe that we had a bond and we cared for each other greatly.

I just wanted to let everyone know and ask that you keep Fran in your thoughts. She is having a hard time as they have been together for 28 years and they completed each other.

I normally would not ask but if anyone can, Fran is having a hard time coming up with the funds to put her dear JL to rest and she would appreciate any amount of money you could donate. I wish I had more money so I could help out as well.

For anyone with a google account, you can send money via Gmail to lilbambi@gmail.com : https://support.goog...r/3141103?hl=en

Adam has also setup a paypal donation link as well: http://jimmyleeinicu...5/funeral-fund/

Thanks so much all of you and please keep sending out warming wishes to are dear friend Fran.

Fran, please do not be mad at me for doing this but I know you are in a great time of need and devastated to lose your soul mate.

$1002.10 for the cremation and $490 for the memorial service. Plus the $50 for the doctor exam (M.E.), $12 each for 3-6 death certificates, plus $1.20/line for the obituary.

James Lee Radcliffe May 17, 1956 - December 3, 2014

• Like 3

Maori poem:-

The tide of life glides swiftly past

And mingles all in one great eddying foam.

O heaven now sleeping!Rouse thee,rise to power;

And thou ,O earth,awake,exert thy might for me

And open wide the door to my last home,

Where calm and quiet rest awaits me in the sky.

Very sorry for your loss. May your staff and shield support and protect you in the coming weeks .

• Like 5

Guest LilBambi

Added a picture of Jim from the day of our wedding in 2004. It is a great picture of him and he still has his 2600 hat that he has since worn out. ;)

Edited by LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

Thanks everyone. Thanks Eric.

I thought when my Dad passed away that it was the worst it could get (and I had Jim here supporting me).

I was wrong...

Guest LilBambi

Thank you all!! All your wishes, condolences, supportive thoughts and prayers have helped tremendouly.

Here is some great and amazing news!

Praise God and the power of friendship. Many people helping made this happen.

Even if you don't believe, what I am gonna tell you is amazing.

At least the cremation and the memorial service are taken care of!!

Donations from friends poured in and it was basically to the dollar what I needed to give the funeral home $1,502 for cremation and memorial service.

There are other extraneous charges such as $50 M.E. Fee for med exam for cremation, $12/each for death certificates (they said likely need at least 3-6 of them at first), and of course some flowers and $1.20/line for the Obit.

So there are other things but... With those two items taken care of and coming in, and will be here in my account by Monday or Tues, Jeffrey at Nelson's Funeral Home said for me to call the Hospital and let them know that Nelson's has taken over Jim's care from here.

Also I have an appointment with Jeffrey at 10:00am tomorrow for taking care of arrangements even though he does not even have the money in hand yet. That was sweet I thought.

Thanks to all who helped in all ways during this devastating time.

Donations from friends poured in and it was basically to the dollar what I needed to give the funeral home $1,502 for cremation and memorial service.

I'm so relieved to hear that, Fran. I just took a break from house cleaning (ugh) on a gray, rainy day and read your news--it brightened my day.

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Please keep those positive thoughts and prayers coming.

The unbidden feelings of loss hit like a freight train so frequently -- they bring on panic attacks and crying and wailing that feels like they will never stop.

Awesome Elizabeth!

Did you see I made it much easier to post on JimRadcliffe.com?

Guest LilBambi

I saw that in my email earlier. Thanks for your thoughts Elizabeth.

So much more to do on the site but after the funeral stuff today, I am totally spent. Need rest I guess.

I know that's what people say-- you'll get over it. I'd say it, too. But I know it's not true. Oh, you'll be happy again, never fear. But you won't forget.

~ Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

:breakfast:

• Like 1

My deepest condolences to you, Fran. While none of us are immortal we do live on in the memories of our friends and loved ones. May you find peace in the memories of your years together.

• Like 5

securitybreach

This xkcd comic is dear to me as JL is still connected to my VPS server. His account is still in irc with us as he used a (gnu)screen session on my Linode VPS. Someone mentioned earlier that is was kind of odd seeing his name in chat but I feel that it is honoring him and keeping his memory with us. It is still unreal to me and I keep thinking he will pop into chat with use. I really miss my good friend.

admin_mourning.png

Source: https://xkcd.com/686/

• Like 4

Guest LilBambi

Fran my deepest condolences and prayer are with you at this time.

Thanks Raymac ... it is not easy for sure...

I have fond memories of JimmyLee from my brief stint at CNI Radio. I am very sorry for your loss, Fran.

Hi James, thank you so much. We loved having you on CNI Radio too. Thank you also for your email about Jim ... that meant a lot too.

This xkcd comic is dear to me as JL is still connected to my VPS server. His account is still in irc with us as he used a (gnu)screen session on my Linode VPS. Someone mentioned earlier that is was kind of odd seeing his name in chat but I feel that it is honoring him and keeping his memory with us. It is still unreal to me and I keep thinking he will pop into chat with use. I really miss my good friend.

admin_mourning.png

Source: https://xkcd.com/686/

Wow, I just talked about him as the ghost in the machine elsewhere.

Yep, I will not be turning off his computers anytime soon. There will be a time for that, but it is not now.

I too think it is an honor to have him be the ghost in the machine and in chat...

securitybreach

Wow, I just talked about him as the ghost in the machine elsewhere.

Yep, I will not be turning off his computers anytime soon. There will be a time for that, but it is not now.

I too think it is an honor to have him be the ghost in the machine and in chat...

:thumbup:

• Like 1