??how to make firebird support flash player

amoi

Guest ThunderRiver

Well, you go to Macromedia web site and download the pluginInstall it.. but you need to make sure it is installed in the desired directory.. the directory where you placed MozillaFirebird..

Yeah, what nilson said.The Flash installer program looks for a registry entry which is only there if you use one of the installer builds of Firebird, or add it yourself. You can find instructions and a .reg file to import at the plugindoc site.

• 2 weeks later...
Scripting Flash does NOT work with gcc3 builds of Mozilla.
From the flash d/l page at MozDev.Could someone 'splain to me what that means?

Guest LilBambi

Found something here:

Of course, you might use a different browser, so you'll have to alter the above command accordingly. If you take a look in the plugins directory of the JRE package you'll notice it contains three subdirectories:ns4 - contains the plugin for the old Netscape 4.xx series browser. ns610 - has the plugin for use with older builds of Mozilla and its derivatives such as Firebird and Galeon. ns610-gcc32 - for users of the gcc3 builds of Mozilla such as 1.4 or Netscape 7.1. If you aren't sure about which version to use try typing about:buildconfiginto the address bar to see the gcc version used. There is more help and info here.
Yeah, the article is about getting java to work but the info about gcc builds and how to determine it is there. :(

Cluttermagnet

OK, guys-I've got a 'dumb' question. My problem is exactly the opposite (I think). I downloaded the extension for Firebird 0.7 called Flash Click To View. I want to block the dumb animations. Hate 'em, for the most part. To the best of my knowledge and understanding, I have never downloaded and installed any Flash players. Yet I must have at some point. I have a few other stupid browsers on this machine still like Netscape 7 and Kmeleon and maybe 1-2 others- everything except a recent copy of IE. I have 5.0 on this Win98SE by default and never use it unless forced to (rare). So I seem to remember at one time the little Flash Click To View extension actually worked. Not any more. I'm getting served a bunch of animated ads (Flash) and I want 'em gone! Can anyone suggest why the little extension formerly worked and is now broken?

OK, guys-I've got a 'dumb' question. My problem is exactly the opposite (I think). I downloaded the extension for Firebird 0.7 called Flash Click To View. I want to block the dumb animations. Hate 'em, for the most part. To the best of my knowledge and understanding, I have never downloaded and installed any Flash players. Yet I must have at some point. I have a few other stupid browsers on this machine still like Netscape 7 and Kmeleon and maybe 1-2 others- everything except a recent copy of IE. I have 5.0 on this Win98SE by default and never use it unless forced to (rare). So I seem to remember at one time the little Flash Click To View extension actually worked. Not any more. I'm getting served a bunch of animated ads (Flash) and I want 'em gone! Can anyone suggest why the little extension formerly worked and is now broken?
Cluttermagnet, that is a strange problem. You can try to use Adblock which is very powerful at blocking all ads (I use it in addition to UserContent.css adblocking). Particularly, check the Dev Branch, which has some new features:
Adblock 0.5, Development Build 1:                  • All objects are "tagged" with a floating tab, for one-click-filtering                  • Statusbar-Indicator can be clicked to list all blockable-elements (including scripts)                  • Now blocks everything -- backgrounds, script-serialized nodes... and yes, even scripts.                  • Quickblock : quick-hiding of page elements, non-retentive                    spacer shift + doubleclick ( + optional-drag)                  • Can be easily de-installedKey-shortcuts:                        cmd + shift + b :: blocking toggle                        cmd + shift + a :: list all blockable-elements                        cmd + shift + f :: flash override toggle                        cmd + shift + k :: quickblock toggle (default-on)                        cmd + shift + p :: preferences                  • 'cmd' maps to 'ctrl' on pc's
The "Floating Tab" is what you can use to block flash (and other ads too).Hope this helps ;) (To actually answer your question: I have no idea why Flash CTV doesn't work anymore B) Perhaps it hasn't been updated)

Cluttermagnet

Wow!Thanks, steeler fan. That is about as good as it gets, looks like. I will definitely give that software a whirl. I like their claim "The day has arrived: Adblock now blocks EVERYTHING. There's a small bug in flashblock, but it's only presentational; the next build will be fine. And in fact, it now appears we can directly override plugin menus...Hehe, yea! It hasn't landed yet, but keep watching."Holy adblocker Batman- you've outdone yourself! ;)

• 5 weeks later...

I downloaded the file install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gzI untared/unzipped it to createinstall_flash_player_6_linuxThen followed the steps on the following page FlashI walk through the steps but when it asks to put the file where Mozilla is located I put it in MozillaFirebird/plugins and I get an errorAny suggestions?