Sudden VMWare network problems

epp_b

I used VMWare this morning and had no problems connecting to the network and the Internet. This afternoon when I started VMWare up, I have no connectivity whatsoever in any VMWare guest OS's! :hmm: I've been using bridged networking from the start, and it's worked perfectly fine until now. Nothing in regards to the network configuration has changed on the host machine since this morning and now I can't even ping my router in my VM OS's!I've already tried the obvious...disabling the host PC's firewall, rebooting the guest and host PCs...nothing's worked, and I don't know what else I can do because I haven't changed anything.Help, please...? ;)

Switch to NAT and see if that works. Is it possible your ISP is deciding that you've got one too many PCs on your network? This is in XP right? Check that the VMware network interfaces are working by pinging them from the host side.

Switch to NAT and see if that works.
Yes, NAT seems to work, but I'd still prefer to use bridged networking.
Is it possible your ISP is deciding that you've got one too many PCs on your network?
No. It can't even connect to my router (gateway). It's definitely a localized problem.
This is in XP right?
Yes: XP host, XP VM (although, the two other Linux VMs I have won't connect to the network either).
Check that the VMware network interfaces are working by pinging them from the host side.
Just pinged them, and they responded normally. Edited by epp_b

BTW, the reason I want to use it as a bridged network is so that I can access the rest of my home network from the VM (That can't be done with NAT).I restored a snapshot of the XP VM, and it still won't work with bridged networking (whereas it did before at the point in time when the snapshot was taken), so it's definitely a problem with the host machine.And I still haven't figured it out! :)