Yahoo Messenger blocked by router

Grasshopper

Was trying to IM a file the other day and I couldn't get it to go. Found that it was the router. Fed the cable modem straight into my PC and the transmission went fine. But not with the router. Anyone run into this and figgered out how to fix? Regular chatting works just fine.tbird

He was trying to send something to me.WinXP Pro on my machine. It's a LinkSys BEFSR41 Router. Computer is one I put together myself so there is no 'brand'. It's an AMD XP chip with a Soyo MB with built-in 10/100 NIC.I just looked and I had the default 'no proxies' setting enabled in preferences-> connection. I have no firewalls enabled (XP, ZoneAlarm or the router itself). I switched to the 'No network detection' option. I'll have to get with tbird now to try it out. One thing about it is, I can connect to him via IMs, just not the file transfer.

Sorry I left this thread hanging. Gotta sick kid and work...Looked for the nth time under Preferences. Nothing wrong there. I've always used no firewall/no proxy even thoug I run ZoneAlarm. I configure it from there.Running XPHome on a machine I partially put together myself (barebones from CyberpowerPC.com). I am connected thru a the same Linksys router/switch that Stonegiant has.Like Stonegiant said, we can IM all day but the file transfer doesn't work.Is it a port thing? I don't know of any problems in my router setup.