Website Design

V.T. Eric Layton

Neat but I am not sure about the grey background.

Personally I would never recomend a slow resource hogging application to anyone. I would go with Foxit Reader and maybe highlight or somehow include some of this,

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/...DF-Reader.shtml

It also supports text-to-speech, meaning that it can read aloud a selected page or the entire document.

Foxit Reader is a great app for PDF management, and since it comes with a free license and works on every single Windows version out there, everyone can take it for a spin and decide if it is a keeper on their PC.

Breezing-fast:

· When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.

Working some of the above into the "downloading the .pdf file" would work on a subliminal level. Showing that you take notice fo the fact that some folk need some extra help,That you are clued up enough to provide information to any type of os user. An that you appreciate that time is money.

Just my take on it. :thumbsup:

Myself and my staff
should read "My staff and I". Sorry, my husband and I are always voicing over all the misuses of me and I on tv scrips we hear. Although he is a calculus nut, he started out his college career as an English major so he can piece together good sentences. Edited by zlim

V.T. Eric Layton

@ abarbarian... Yeah, I wouldn't normally recommend Adobe either, but this is a business website that I don't have any personal connection too, so it needs to be as mainstream as possible. Now on one of my own sites, I would definitely recommend Foxit for MS Windows users. Personally though, I use Xpdf in Linux. ;)

@ frapper... No, not one of my X's. All art on that site was custom created by me or is public domain clipart.

@ Liz... Ooops! As anal as I am about grammar and punctuation, I'm surprised I didn't catch that right off. It's so obvious now that I look at it. Will fix shortly. Thanks. :)

Guest LilBambi

Yes, for business, Adobe sadly is all they generally know.

I like it Eric. Nice job. Very muted colors but I assume that was the choices by the client? Personally I think I might have wanted a slightly lighter grey and worked in a red highlight somewhere or golden orange just to give some pizazz. But I always like a third highlight color. That's just me.

How about Our Staff (and drop the I or me entirely)?

I like how you wove the background in between the sections too.

V.T. Eric Layton

Actually, that site is 100% my choices/doing. The client had no idea what he wanted it to look like. I gave him a few sample pages and he decided on that particular theme. He felt (and I agree) that it looked the most professional. He's happy. That's all that matters, I s'pose. Now he wants me to fix his mom's corrupted MS Win computer.. Guess what I'll be doing with that baby the weekend! ;)

nuke-launch.png

:lol: