Daqri’s Android-powered hardhat leverages AR features

securitybreach

securitybreach

This is so awesome!!!

Daqri, a California-based startup, is putting a lot of the company’s efforts onto producing a very unique hard hat. A very different kind of an Android wearable device, Daqri’s hard hat is a re-imagining of what is usually an ordinary construction safety tool into a very helpful and information-rich device.

Daqri’s hard hat looks closer to a cyclist’s helmet because of the transparent visor that functions as a heads-up display (HUD) for the user. The HUD visor is where all the augmented reality (AR) information shows up. It can show information about real-world equipment and construction projects as the user – probably an engineer or architect – casts his gaze their way.

DAQRI_Smart_Helmet_02-600x364.jpg

http://youtu.be/qIU456jtkmw

http://androidcommun...tures-20140908/

• Like 1

Hello,

My first thought was along the lines of reliability and serviceability, like being able to repair a helmet in the field by swapping out the defective part. But, and perhaps it is just my background, after seeing the pitch for how it would control SCADA-type applications wirelessly,I would be really, really concerned about the security aspects, like feeding the user wrong data and causing them to damage the system they're working on, or telling them it is working fine while it in fact is being sent commands to burn out motors, over-pressurize pipes, etc.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 2