Jump to content


Home, Wireless Printer


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JerryM

JerryM

    Topic Cop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

I have been pleased with my HP 3210 All In One printer. However, I cannot scan as it evidently lacks  a driver, which I cannot find. I guess the years and technology have passed it by, and I need a new printer. I do want wireless, and good color prints as I do greeting cards, etc.

I have no idea what are some good ones that won't break the bank. I think I am partial to HP and Canon. I am lookomg at an HP Envy 5055.
What have you folks found to be good at a reasonable price?

My OS is W 10.

Thanks,
Jerry

Edited by JerryM, 12 May 2018 - 06:24 PM.


#2 ONLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

    CLI Phreak

  • Forum Admins
  • 23,441 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:09 PM

Well you can get nice printers nowadays for fairly cheap. The problem is the cost of ink. It costs almost as much to get ink as it does for a printer. You used to be able to refill your own and other workarounds but they added sensors to detect unofficial ink.

I'll put it this way, I just put a mint condition hp all in one wifi printer on the curb because it's out of ink. I don't print things anyway besides at work. It was wasting space so I threw it out.

Most companies offer a service for ink replacements where you pay a certain amount and get ink whenever you run out.

To answer your question, I prefer HP printers.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

    Discussion Deity

  • Forum MVP
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:03 AM

I like HP printers as well and right now I'd get an HP Envy 7155 I think. Cheaper if you live in the US and pay in USD.

https://www.amazon.c...Z/ref=dp_cerb_1
Posted Image

Registered Linux User 445659

#4 ONLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

    CLI Phreak

  • Forum Admins
  • 23,441 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

View Postraymac46, on 13 May 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

I like HP printers as well and right now I'd get an HP Envy 7155 I think. Cheaper if you live in the US and pay in USD.

https://www.amazon.c...Z/ref=dp_cerb_1

Even with the currency conversion, that is really expensive. In the US, that same printer is $89.99 which is $115.41 CAD. I do not know how they can charge $163 CAD for the same printer.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#5 OFFLINE   Digerati

Digerati

    Post Master

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

https://www.wilderss...printer.403687/
Posted Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Posted Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

____________________________________________

#6 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

    Discussion Deity

  • Forum MVP
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:23 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 13 May 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

View Postraymac46, on 13 May 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

I like HP printers as well and right now I'd get an HP Envy 7155 I think. Cheaper if you live in the US and pay in USD.

https://www.amazon.c...Z/ref=dp_cerb_1

Even with the currency conversion, that is really expensive. In the US, that same printer is $89.99 which is $115.41 CAD. I do not know how they can charge $163 CAD for the same printer.

Even more expensive at Staples Canada. That's what you get for being Canadian I guess.
Posted Image

Registered Linux User 445659

#7 ONLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

    CLI Phreak

  • Forum Admins
  • 23,441 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

View Postraymac46, on 13 May 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

View Postsecuritybreach, on 13 May 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

View Postraymac46, on 13 May 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

I like HP printers as well and right now I'd get an HP Envy 7155 I think. Cheaper if you live in the US and pay in USD.

https://www.amazon.c...Z/ref=dp_cerb_1

Even with the currency conversion, that is really expensive. In the US, that same printer is $89.99 which is $115.41 CAD. I do not know how they can charge $163 CAD for the same printer.

Even more expensive at Staples Canada. That's what you get for being Canadian I guess.

Eh ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users