Free MacX DVD Ripper Pro license-2 more days only

Jeber

I love companies that offer their shareware for free. If you read How-To Geek (you do, don't you?) you can download a free copy of MacX DVD Ripper Pro for Mac (and Windows) for the next two days.This is a very time-limited offer, so if you need a good ripping app to convert your DVDs into a format you can load on your iPod or such, get on over to How-To Geek and follow the instructions. Be sure to copy the license on the download page, open the program once installed and enter the license number. No support is offered for this version, but I bet you can get by without it.

The software rips a DVD or a Video-TS folder directly to iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV with nothing more than a few mouse clicks—or if you want to rip a DVD to MOV, MP4, or AVI, you can do that easily too, which should be sufficient for most devices.

The code only unlocks it for a trial version. You can only rip the first 22 minutes or so of the DVD—I just tried it myself and can confirm it. Or as one punter noted in the comment section on the MacX site, it's ironic that a company would charge you money for a piece of software that circumvents the DMCA. :pirate:

I would expect people to only use this kind of software for their own use and not violate copyrights or the DMCA. As far as I know all apps that allow you to rip and convert video for use on an iPod or Apple TV could be used to violate laws if one chose to do that. But that's a whole other debate. :pirate: I'm going to check out that time limitation issue. My understanding was that this was a full, unlimited license. If it isn't then RipIt, iRip or Handbrake would be better options. Again, I don't mean to imply that I encourage breaking the law with any software.

securitybreach
I would expect people to only use this kind of software for their own use and not violate copyrights or the DMCA. As far as I know all apps that allow you to rip and convert video for use on an iPod or Apple TV could be used to violate laws if one chose to do that. But that's a whole other debate. :pirate: I'm going to check out that time limitation issue. My understanding was that this was a full, unlimited license. If it isn't then RipIt, iRip or Handbrake would be better options. Again, I don't mean to imply that I encourage breaking the law with any software.
Well it is legal to rip unencrypted DVDs that you own. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripping#United_StatesThe problem lies in the fact that any commercial dvd movie you bought, will be encrypted in one form or another. So it is more of a Catch-22 issue.

Actually, Handbrake no longer rips encrypted DVDs. You need another ripper to do it. It's been like that for at least the last 3 years. :pirate: