Firefox Setup Again

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, with all this bloat and RAM sucking going on with Chromium, I thought I'd play around with FF again. I spent the last couple hours setting a virgin FF up the way I like it. Here it is...

p9ArJrY.png

Can't say much about performance yet. It's too late... 0332hrs and I'm going to beddy-bye now.

More later... maybe.

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, it's pretty, but it was a total waste of time. FF is just unusable on G+. It sucks up 50+% CPU usage while just trying to scroll through my stream in G+. That's sad.

What's another two or three hours of my life totally wasted? I could have been reading my book all this time. :(

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A DECENT BROWSER? And don't suggest Midori (too minimal) or Pale Moon (just an FF with another dress on). *sigh*

Goodnight...

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton
  • Like 1

securitybreach

Unfortunately that is just the way browsers are nowadays. Even with 24gb of ram, chrome eats up a large majority of it.

It's sad when I average about 10gb of ram used but as soon as I close the browser, it drops down to 1-2gb used. Of course, I generally have 30+ tabs open..

• Like 1

Using Chrome, but with only 4 or 5 tabs open, I'm using 700mb out of 8gb - WIN7 Pro 64bit installed 02/14 on a upgraded build (new MB, SSD, RAM, and GPU - none other than the Intel SSD were top of the line).

V.T. Eric Layton

@ Josh... Yeah, Chrome/Chromium and FF all seem to utilize as much RAM as you offer them... greedy bisterds!

@ Mac... Excellent, but what is going on in the pages you have open. Static text, and low res sites don't utilize browser resources like G+, Youtube, streaming vids, etc.

@ the Cap'n... I've been the minimal browser route. It's the 2015, for crepe's sake. We should be able to utilize the full capabilities of today's robust browsers like Chrome and FF and even IE without choking too badly.

Sad, but I'm beginning to think my ol' ericsbane06 is getting a mite obsolete these days. Well, that 4 more Gig of RAM I have coming won't hurt it none.