Website problems

longgone

Here is the problem I have with a specific web site. I have been going to this web site for about 5-6 years now. Through Win7, Win8/8.1, and now Win10. This specific web site is viewing several bald eagle nests. Until Win10, I have had no problems watching the nests, now the video is hit and miss, haphazard at best. What I mostly get is the associated chat portion with an occasional glimpse of video. During the "in between time frame", after the eaglets leave the nest and the next season starts, said nest/tree took a severe hit to the point of the tree is no longer in use. A new nest was built along with all new video/audio and since then I have had the video problem. I have tried 4 different browsers with pretty much the same results through all. Flash is up to date, Win10 is up to date, where do I look/go next?

V.T. Eric Layton

Hi, Dale! Good to see you here. It's been a while.

Post some links for us to test. That might help us see if it's just you experiencing the problem or if it happens to others, too.

• Like 1

Which site are you viewing Dale? My mother hasn't been having any problems with the decorah eagles site, for example, although she's running win7.

V.T. Eric Layton

This is the website in question ,,, www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

Now that's neat as heck. :)

Anyway, I have no issues seeing that hi-def eagle cam, Dale. Do you have any ad-blockers, flash-blockers, malware-blockers type extensions active in your browser. The issue seems to be on your side. Have you made any changes to your OS or browser that you can remember... updates, new addons, etc.?

Works for me w/ Windows 10 Home, and FireFox 47.0 (Decorah Eagles, and Decorah North Nest).

I had to enable scripting and Flash, but that's because of my Add-Ons.

No additions/changes/modifications other than the normal updates that come along. Just for grins and giggles, I also have the browsers, Opera, Firefox, and Google Chrome installed along with my normal Sea Monkey, None of them give me what I had last year which was all the time on video of the nest/s and the eagles. The only changes from last year to this year are I installed the "free" edition of Win10 on my end. On their end during the off season they had a bad storm go through which took out the original nest and part of the tree as well so all the equip involved their end is new. This year the video is in HD while in the past it was not. What I now get is the chat portion and a black window where the video should be with the nice little blue circle that rotates on a constant basis. I think that means "buffering" and if that is the case it "buffers" for eternity seems like.

That's too bad, Dale. My mother visits decorah eagles site regularly without any problems that I know of. She's using win7 with FF.

Edited by ebrke

@ Frapper ,,,, that link works, takes forever but it does get there. I have read several times that they have been "eagle proofing" the power poles in the area around there. Guess it just takes time/money to do it. Been watching since 3 or 4 years before the eagles built their new nest which is now gone.