Funniest Cartoon on TV

Prelude76

What's the funniest cartoon TV series?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

lots of good adult-oriented cartoons out there. wouldnt mind seeing lots of responses to this poll.of course, not saying who i picked, except to say this:Chris: Dad, whats the blow-hole for?Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World. :rolleyes:

Gee Prelude... I kinda wondered if you'd ever start a thread about this. I noticed your signature and figured you were into stuff like this!P.S. Your quote is obvious to me, but I won't divulge your little secret! ;)Personally, my favorites (in no particular order): Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, and South Park....I'm not sure that I could pick a specific favorite though!

ahhh! how do i edit this poll? i can't believe i left out Futurama! :op.s.- i have nothing against simpsons. i love their old episodes; funny stuff. but the new ones are so lame they almost need to be put out of their misery.

Gee I have small kids, all I ever get to see are the Powder Puff girls, Bob the Builder...Though I thing the early Bugs Bunny cartoons were really for Adults..think about it..where did you see you first person in "Drag" wasn't it the ole Bugs Himself..

attention forum mods.: can i edit the poll? i missed futurama, and of course bugs bunny series. hehe.. almost feel like starting a new poll, but just run with this, folks. just put under 'OTHER", and if get like 30% OTHER, i'll redo the poll. :rolleyes:

Gee I have small kids, all I ever get to see are the Powder Puff girls, Bob the Builder...
yeah, if i had small kids, i dont think i'd let them watch Family Guy, or even Simspsons for that matter. some of their comment are a bit 'questionable'."and now Mother, you shall die!!" :rolleyes:

Cluttermagnet

Call me old-fashioned, but Simpsons it is. Yeah, I like Futurama too. Simpsons is definitely not great for kids, but look how many watch it unaccompanied anyway. What are we teaching our young? It took me a while to learn to appreciate the over the top sarcasm of Simpsons. If you missed the tongue in cheek subtleties, you'd take away some very warped lessons about life, the universe, and everything. BTW Simpsons also reminds me very much of the sarcasm of Married With Children and also Dave Letterman, both of which I found slow to grow on me due to being just so dripping in sarcasm and images of degradation and the sometimes seaminess of the human condition in general.Futurama is a bit of a sleeper- it has subtleties that Simpsons can sometimes pull off, but only so often. Simpsons is mostly just over the top satire and sarcasm. Now, Futurama, though I have seen very few actual episodes... One just burnt its way into my feelings reality one night. The one where the future guy gets to meet again a dog he met briefly in the past when he worked as a pizza delivery guy. He makes the mistake of feeding the lonely stray some pizza after he gets suckered with a phony delivery order by a jokester. The dog develops an instant attachment to future guy, but out hero just waltzes nonchalantly out of the dog's life in short order. Right at the end, we hear our guy in the future say that he was probably no big deal to the dog, and that rover probably developed plenty of other attachments during the rest of his life. Yeah, right. Then we flash back to the past and we see a year by year fast foreward as the poor doggie continues to hang out in front of the business where he met future guy. We see our doggie growing older, the shopkeeper growing older, the neighborhood growing older, and the business eventually closing. And through all of it, faithful rover keeps to his post, remembering our hero and vainly hoping that one day he will come back. And in the background plays the old song "I'll be seeing you, in all the old familiar places..." This little ditty spontaneously snuck past all my defenses and nailed me right in the heart. I just about dissolved. It kicked up some of those repressed little kid yearnings for doggies my father would not let me have, etc. Folks, this is brilliantly 'subversive' programming with an overlayer of humor and a hidden core of subtle messages for the discerning. The message I got from that one: don't ever underestimate the power of connections between individuals, however brief, when they kick in the yearnings that underlie and form the drama and the driving force in every life. Don't ever underestimate your impact and influence in the lives of certain others (some of which you might never have guessed). Many folks fail to grasp just how dramatic a part they play at times in this big soap opera called life. Gee- all this from a cartoon... :) :)

Guest ThunderRiver

I like both Simpsons and South Park, but I really have to go with South Park this time because it is fun, and like most people said, it is the first cartoon ever that goes into all the taboo world that no others dared to touch. A little history that you need to know about South Park. The three authors of that cartoon are from Littleton, Colorado. As you know about the Columbine High School gun shooting, and people always have wondered why it happened. The truth is simple. These kids are being pushed to the extreme side by school and friends, and few days before graduation, they just totally gave everything up and started rampage. The authors of South Park are pretty much in the same boat, but instead of gun shooting, they have made one great **** of a cartoon that rock the whole world :)In case you need to check South Park history, you can check out the movie by Maichael Moore, "Bowling for Columbine"

Guest LilBambi

Prelude --Got'cha Futurama ... can't help with votes though ... sorry. My vote is carved in stone too.I voted for other ... I have many favorites too. Ren & Stimpy, Simpsons (old), Futurama .. and many, many of the really old cartoons that were before my childhood too. They really knew how to put comedic elements that both adults and children would enjoy.

Guest Paracelsus

Well... I love South Park! Perhaps largely because it took so long for my cable co. to add Cartoon Network, that I missed the first three seasons. The first time I saw it was visiting my sister in Atlanta at Christmas time. So you can guess which episode it was. Bingo!! The Christmas Special with Mr. Hanky. I thought I was gonna die!However...I had to vote for King of the HillI was transfered to Texas about eight years ago. Unless you've lived here, it's hard to imagine just how true to life the characters in this show are. :) I work with several guys who actually talk (mumble) just like Boomhower(sp?). I'm getting used to it now, but at first I had to ask them to repeat what they were saying so many times that they just gave up talking to me directly.No doubt they were thinking... "Gawl-Dern Yankee kaint even un'rstand Anglish"*;) :)* With all due respect to any descendants of "Austin's Three Hundred", or other native Texicans in the audience.

The funniest was the Rocky and Bullwinkle show.  For adults who never grew up.Acadia.
That was definately one for adults. I saw them a few times after I "grew up", and they are just down right BAD boys (and/or girls)!!!

Guest LilBambi

Ah, yes ... Rocky and Bullwinkle, affectionately known as Moose and Squirrel, were great!And the beauty was, if you weren't old enough to get the double entendre, you didn't, and just enjoyed it for the innocent side of the cartoon.I thought Moose and Squirrel were brilliant in doing that.

I guess I need to go back and watch Rocky and Bullwinkle. I must have missed something....Favorite cartoons today: Veggie Tales!What can I say, my daughter hopes to be employed by them when she graduates from college.

I guess I need to go back and watch Rocky and Bullwinkle.  I must have missed something....
i must've missed it too. of course, maybe its because it was only on at 4 or 5am and Transformers were all the rage when i was growing up B)

He he I watched the transformers with my oldest son...ok..feeling old again B).but what is cool about having kids from 23 to 3 is ya have an excuse to keep watching cartoons...and the excuse works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tansformers are back, so is He-Man....there is Hope for Tom and Jerry!!!

Guest genaldar

I have to disagree about the simpsons not being suitable for kids. I've watched it since the Tracey Ulman days. But then again I might be a little weird, I mean how many 7 year olds watched Tracey Ulman? And while I like most of the other cartoons listed I think the simpsons is the best. btw I love family guy, but its un-original. Its a mix of 3 or 4 sitcoms with a nearly retarded Homer wannabe as father. Funny, but not what I'd call "adult" humor.

I have to disagree about the simpsons not being suitable for kids.  I've watched it since the Tracey Ulman days.  But then again I might be a little weird, I mean how many 7 year olds watched Tracey Ulman?  And while I like most of the other cartoons listed I think the simpsons is the best.  btw I love family guy, but its un-original.  Its a mix of 3 or 4 sitcoms with a nearly retarded Homer wannabe as father.  Funny, but not what I'd call "adult" humor.
That is the neat thing about here. You get to see everyone's opinions. I totally disagree with you on this one. The Simpsons teaches disrespect, crudeness and poor language. I have actually watched a couple of episodes over the years but there it does not meet with the standards of what I consider acceptable. I am glad you enjoy the show, but I prefer a cartoon anyday that has good values instead. I don't count the silly violence in the old cartoons as bad because it was so unreal and far-fetched that it did not seem real. How many times can an anvil fall, crush the same person, and have them bounce back???(Now stepping off soapbox).______________________________-Really old fashioned on this one!

Hands down It was Wily Coyote and the Road Runner . I always felt sorry for that poor coyote he was always getting beat up

I always felt sorry for that poor coyote he was always getting beat up
Only whenever he was trying to eat the poor roadrunner. <g>

Guest genaldar
I have to disagree about the simpsons not being suitable for kids.  I've watched it since the Tracey Ulman days.  But then again I might be a little weird, I mean how many 7 year olds watched Tracey Ulman?  And while I like most of the other cartoons listed I think the simpsons is the best.  btw I love family guy, but its un-original.  Its a mix of 3 or 4 sitcoms with a nearly retarded Homer wannabe as father.  Funny, but not what I'd call "adult" humor.
That is the neat thing about here. You get to see everyone's opinions. I totally disagree with you on this one. The Simpsons teaches disrespect, crudeness and poor language. I have actually watched a couple of episodes over the years but there it does not meet with the standards of what I consider acceptable. I am glad you enjoy the show, but I prefer a cartoon anyday that has good values instead. I don't count the silly violence in the old cartoons as bad because it was so unreal and far-fetched that it did not seem real. How many times can an anvil fall, crush the same person, and have them bounce back???(Now stepping off soapbox).______________________________-Really old fashioned on this one!
I can see your point, but I think you give television too much credit. I've watched pretty much anything I've wanted since I was very young and I turned out ok. I've always been respectful (opening doors for others, offering my seat on the bus to the eldery/young/female). But that's because of good parenting. Since I learned to tell right from wrong I could watch and listen to what I wanted but still do the right thing. Preventing kids from watching the simpsons (or something similar) just teaches them to stick their head in the sand about things you don't like. I think its much better to teach the kids to discern reality from fiction and right from wrong. If you do that they can still enjoy the simpsons going to japan.btw I also think that violent games, movies and tv don't cause kids to be violent. People who use them as an excuse would've done the violence anyway. Like I said I pretty much watched and played what I wanted growing up and I have never harmed anyone (except in self defence). My nephew on the other hand gets so worked up that he lashes out. When he plays video games and watches movies with my brother or myself (they tend to be violent) he has no problems because he has an outlet for that energy and hostility.

Guest genaldar
I always felt sorry for that poor coyote he was always getting beat up
Only whenever he was trying to eat the poor roadrunner. <g>
Poor roadrunner my arse. That thing had real glee in its eyes every time the coyote got hurt. I'm pretty sure the roadrunner is evil.

You see, you have one clue in your reply that makes you different from many:

But that's because of good parenting. Since I learned to tell right from wrong I could watch and listen to what I wanted but still do the right thing.
That makes a world of difference. I work with kids all day every day that the only parent in their life is the television set. They do not get good behavior modeled at home. Their parents hit the bars (or streets) at night and do not come home until after they have crashed for the night. Then the kids leave for school before the parents roll out of bed. This is not unusual for many of the kids at my school. You also have to understand that I am an old fuddy-duddy! :P I knew I would get a reaction but had to say something anyway. Okay, I'll try to be good now and keep my opinions to myself! :P _____________________________Trying not to preach :P

I'm pretty sure the roadrunner is evil.
The roadrunner evil?! Next thing you know you'll be saying that Tweety bird is Satan Incarnate. <g>Acadia

by "adult humor", i meant cartoons that have jokes in it that few if any kids would 'get'. ok, say the episode where Slobodan Milosovic shows up for their pool party, offers Peter some coleslaw and says sarcastically "its made from real human babies.. haha, just kidding", no average kid would get it as they probably dont know who Slobodan is. or where they showed a weak young Hitler at a gym grimmacing angrily as a muscular jewish guy was flirting with several blonde girls. or when stewie goes on show "kids say darndest thing" and bill cosby brainwashes stewie to say "Ghost dad was the best movie ever since Leonard part 6". or the best example, Peter is pimping the streets, and his wife and dog show up and he offers them a Cincinatti Steamer, and then quickly interrupts when the dog is explaining what that means to the wife. i was in stitches, rolling on the floor cluthing my stomach while my kid brother who's 14 didnt get it and wanted to swtich the channel to Simpsons. Simpsons throws some good 'adult' jokes once a while (not as often lately) and i love it too, but it is IMO more geared to the early teen crowd where recyled "DOH!" jokes are a hoot.p.s.- for any family guy fans out there, i'm trying to figure one part out. the episode where they're going to catch the killer fish, they float by a coast and theres a strange looking elastic man doing egyptian pose and says something like "i wonder, i wonder where. ooooh"it rings a bell, i'm trying to figure it out, but have no clue where its from. is it a monty python sketch?

I can't " Actually the word should be won't" criticise any one for watching and/or liking any particular show . But My humble opinion is this . I am an adult and adults don't watch cartoons , Children do, and whenever I wish to be a little childish I watch childrens cartoons . I have never watched an entire episode of any of the afore mentioned Adult cartoons and never will .I do disagree however with those that say the violence affects the children of today . If this is true please don't let them watch the news and /or any TV for that matter , And while you're at it no radio ,Especially music, no newspapers . May as well lock them in their rooms till they are twenty one . And I don't believe I have ever seen a cartoon without some form of violance in it . In fact I was around for the first shows on TV ( The Howdy Doody Show , I used to have to wait till 5:00 after school till the first program came on the air And it contained violence ),And so far I haven't killed anyone .