5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lover of quiet computers

Lover of quiet computers

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:37 PM

I have a friend who's going to need a new PC next year for college. I'm trying to convince him that he should at least consider a Mac, but he feels that since his experience with Windows has been adequate, he should not take the risk of switching to a new OS. He may have a point, but I'd still like to be able to intelligently inform him of the arguments in favor of OS X. I think what he needs is a side-by-side comparison with Windows XP. Does anyone know of any such thing?

#2 OFFLINE   Lover of quiet computers

Lover of quiet computers

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 03:00 PM

Fortuitously, only a few minutes after I posted this, the site macvspc.info appeared in my news aggregator. Apparently, it was just updated. I'll check this out and see if it provides the goods!

#3 OFFLINE   nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

Discussion Deity

• No Longer a Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:45 PM

http://www.apple.com/switchThat site is loaded with testimonials, not too much tech talk, just real people that made the leap.
Nathan Williams, N-Line Computers

How to kill a programmer:  Give him a shampoo bottle.  Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

#4 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:21 PM

I couldn't get to the one that Lover of Quiet Computers posted, maybe SlashDotted?Nathan that's a great site you listed! Lots of good info. :devil:
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#5 OFFLINE   Lover of quiet computers

Lover of quiet computers

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:26 AM

macsvspc.info seems to be working fine, now...I've looked at Apple's site, but for my purpose, it's too unspecific and marketing-based.

#6 OFFLINE   Arena2045

Arena2045

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 03:04 AM

Almost every site that compares Apples to Lemons... oh I mean Windows PCs... will be biased. :) There are a lot of ways to look at the pros and cons of every operating system, not just Windows and Mac.Nevertheless, here is another comparison site: B) Mac OS X vs. Windows XP.  I used that site for a Mac vs. PC persuasion speech last year.  Of course I was trying to persuade the class that the Mac OS was better than Windows. Long-story-short: I got a 100% and the class thought it was a great speech, very convincing.The site breaks up the comparison into categories for easy navigation/comparison.
The Lavender ribbon symbolizes/supports Cancer Awareness - As a cancer survivor, I wear a lavender ribbon. I'm an All-Things-Apple/Mac Enthusiast... You can visit my site, and get links to all of my online profiles at: http://7nk.us/me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users