Bodhi on ARM

Jeff91

securitybreach

Very cool!!! :thumbsup:Will you be supporting the NVIDIA Tegra 2 ARM9? I have a ViewSonic Gtab running a custom Honeycomb Rom but I would love to run an actual Linux distro. I will definitely be following this project.

Will you be supporting the NVIDIA Tegra 2 ARM9?
Eventually. Once I round up some cash to buy some more hardware I plan to get an Asus EEE transformer pad to work with.~Jeff

Eventually. Once I round up some cash to buy some more hardware I plan to get an Asus EEE transformer pad to work with.
I wish I could help with that, but I'm really just too broke at the moment. Just got the electric bill... it's lower than I feared, but it's not actually summer yet.

Jeff, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out with testing or anything.
Well, if your interested in getting Bodhi rolling on there - first find out if you can install Debian/Ubuntu to the device. If so you will be able to get Bodhi rolling on it once my pre-alpha release is ready for the masses.~Jeff

securitybreach
Well, if your interested in getting Bodhi rolling on there - first find out if you can install Debian/Ubuntu to the device. If so you will be able to get Bodhi rolling on it once my pre-alpha release is ready for the masses.~Jeff
Well they have a project for installing Backtrack 5 on the gtablet HYBRID I had previously installed it but they are still working out some major tweaks to the interface. For instance, the touchscreen worked but it was not calibrated correctly and you had to use the Ubuntu accessibility onscreen keyboard that was tiny and required multiple taps to register a keypress. Currently the sound, bluetooth and other things are not working with that project. There are also a few other methods floating around but none really seem stable enough yet:http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ga-update-13-4/

Thanks
I succeeded in installing Debian on an Arm11 tablet. It was a Zenithink zt-180. Somewhere in this thread there is a link for creating a Debian image for a lot of different tablets.

securitybreach
I succeeded in installing Debian on an Arm11 tablet. It was a Zenithink zt-180. Somewhere in this thread there is a link for creating a Debian image for a lot of different tablets.
Thanks a lot, reading it now.

• 3 weeks later...
securitybreach
Demo video:
~Jeff
Looks great Jeff :thumbup:I would love to have something like this on my Tegra2 (Cortex-A9) tablet.