HashOver a free Disqus alternative !

abarbarian

abarbarian

Hashover: A free-software alternative to Disqus and other hosted-commenting services

Many, many blogging systems like Ode, which I use, and others like Pelican, Ghost and Octopress do not manage their own comments and most defer to Disqus to add a commenting platform.

But the problem is that Disqus is a third-party service that seeks to make money off of you. And you don’t control the comments.

http://tildehash.com/

Say "goodbye" to Disqusting third-party comments with HashOver, a free and open source PHP comment system under the GNU Affero General Public License. HashOver adds a "comment section" to any website, by placing a few simple lines of Javascript or PHP to the source code of any webpage. HashOver is a self-hosted system and allows completely anonymous comments to be posted, the only required information is the comment itself.

HashOver addresses the following fundamental problems with many third-party comment systems, like Disqus, IntenseDebate, Livefyre, Facebook Comments and Google+ Comments.

Thought some folk would find this quite interesting. :shifty:

abarbarian

Hmm I have never heard of any of the blogging systems listed above.... B)

http://forums.scotsn...topic=66262&hl=

As as moderator I would have thought you would at least read thread titles :harhar:

Eric tsk tsk they are all blogging platforms apart from Disqus :harhar:

Edited by abarbarian

securitybreach
As as moderator I would have thought you would at least read thread titles :harhar:

You mean Admin but yeah, I forget things sometimes especially if I only mentioned wordpress on that post.

V.T. Eric Layton

Eric tsk tsk they are all blogging platforms apart from Disqus :harhar:

What Josh said, then...

Hmm I have never heard of any of the blogging systems listed above.... B)

:w00t:

V.T. Eric Layton

If it's the latest and greatest, how come the post is from last October and one to which I already replied?

abarbarian

If it's the latest and greatest, how come the post is from last October and one to which I already replied?

Sorry mate I assumed that you had forgotten about ghost.The passage of time does not diminish the greatness of the truly great. :breakfast:

V.T. Eric Layton

:hysterical:

P.S. I've been enjoying a Dr. Who here and there over the last couple weeks. Good stuff! :)

• 2 months later...

:hysterical:

P.S. I've been enjoying a Dr. Who here and there over the last couple weeks. Good stuff! :)

Yes I fell out of my cradle watching the Dr an have been watching ever since. :breakfast: