Spybot Immunize Feature

sziltner

SpyBot version 1.2 has a new feature/function called "Immunize".Has anyone tested this new feature? I can't find anything in the help function about it. I hate to just turn things on blindly.SpyBot seems to be keeping this a secret as there sure is no serious information about it that I can find.Anyone using it?Pros or Cons?SZ

I'm with you SZiltner - I don't ENABLE features in any software products I don't understand and can't find information on either. Doing so is just bad business! :rolleyes: Hopefully, SpyBot will see this new forum and provide information regarding this new feature.

I clicked on the "Immunize" button and a page came up with a limited amount of info. It seems you can set it up so that you have permanent immunity from spyware you select. No info on how to configure it though.

You see, this is my big problem with SpyBot. It is great software, but we don't have time as software consumers to become experts on every kind of program we install on our systems. SpyBot's author needs to get some help, someone who can help him make his program more intuitive, better help, better docs. If and when SpyBot does those things better, look out Ad-aware.But for my money, Ad-aware in the 6.x release is a better product, because it is better rounded, more refined. But its developers have their own reputation to overcome.I'm testing PestPatrol right now. But I'm honestly not finding a lot about it to get excited about. Yes, it include some anti-Trojan features. But it's an annoying program.Anybody else have thoughts? I'm interested. :rolleyes: -- Scot

I checked out Spybot...whoa..I have other things to do.I checked out Pest Patrol...and the punch line is?...I am sticking with Adaware...has it's faults, but do I care? (hey, I'm a poet!!!!)

...I'm testing PestPatrol right now. But I'm honestly not finding a lot about it to get excited about. Yes, it include some anti-Trojan features. But it's an annoying program...
Exactly!I bought Pest Patrol because I had read some pretty good reviews of it. What a disappointment... Slow, Slow, Slow.Also, I could never figure out how to set it up to run automatically - other than at boot-up (which is rare - several of my machines run for 30, 60, 90 days between reboots). Software designers need to remember that we are not all twiddling our thumbs waiting for the next opportunity to maintain our computers. Automatic, transparent functioning is required of system maintenance functions or it ain't gonna get done very often! At least on my machines.That's what I like about Symantec NAV - everything just goes along without bothering me. Updates and scans happen overnight and I come in in the morning with nothing to do but my work. Of course, with Windows update, I have it download the updates then check with me prior to doing anything with them. No use letting the computer get re-configured without my knowing it!d|:^)Dick

Guest LilBambi

I use both Ad-aware and SpyBot S&D. What one doesn't catch, the other does. I run them about once a week, when I get my weekly antivirus updates.I do not enable the Immunize in SpyBot S&D and I don't buy Ad-Aware's extra features either.I just want something that takes care of these adware/spyware things when I run them. :D I have enough things running in the background of my little 128MB memory Celeron 366 right now as it is between antivirus software, firewall, cookie manager, video card stuff .... :D