Photo

Apple, iOS, and IBM are transforming retail, one shop at a time

Today, 10:48 AM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

Yet more evidence proves Apple has become a peer enterprise technology vendor, this time in the shape of an Apple and IBM project to digitally transform business processes at South Florida’s leading furniture chain, City Furniture. I caught up with City Furniture CIO, Steve Wilder, to find out more.

iOS for the enterprise

This is another of the rapidly growing number of iOS in the enterprise stories. City Furniture has worked with Apple and IBM to deploy a three IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps: Sales Assist, Payment and Finance. The apps were built using the Swift language. These new solutions are already proving their value, but Apple’s contribution in their development was a big reason the furniture chain chose them.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

0 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Google I/O: What about Android on Chrome OS?

Today, 09:43 AM

View the full article

0 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Samsung Galaxy Book 12: A top 2-in-1 for the enterprise

Today, 09:00 AM

Picking up where last year’s Galaxy TabPro S left off, the Samsung Galaxy Book 12 tablet takes the lead in performance and mobile amenities while keeping its thickness and weight down. I lived and worked with the Galaxy Book 2-in-1 device for several days, and it’s now my top choice for executives and other mobile workers who need to travel light.

At 11.5 x 7.9 x 0.3 in. and 1.6 lb., the Galaxy Book is slightly bigger and heavier than the TabPro S it replaces. Still, it’s thinner and about 3 oz. lighter than Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4. With its detachable keyboard case and tiny AC adapter (which, fortunately, does not require a three-prong outlet), the Galaxy Book hits the road at 2.7 lb., compared to the Surface Pro 4’s travel weight of 2.9 lb.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

2 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 44 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Bing, Google, Yahoo

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS