Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate keyboard

securitybreach

securitybreach

Well I just received the Cadillac of mechanical keyboards. I have wanted one for a long but was finally able to purchase one of them. If you do not know what keyboard this is, this is a: Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate

R4rh5wG.jpg

iqBvb9I.jpg

This mechanical keyboard has:

German-engineered mechanical key switches with gold contacts (Cherry MX blue)

No key cap inscriptions

Full n-key rollover with included PS2 adapter, and 6 keys with USB

Enhanced 104-key layout with two Windows keys

Glossy black upper enclosure and matching black USB cable - Darth Vader approved

Two-port USB 2.0 hub

Extra long two-meter (6.6-foot) cable that goes through your desk grommet to keep your workspace neat and tidy

Compatible with PS/2 and USB KVM switches

Blue LEDs for Num Lock, Caps Lock, and Scroll Lock

http://www.daskeyboa...del-s-ultimate/

Normally, this model costs $169.99 but I paid $117.19 via Amazon/Prime: http://www.amazon.co...duct/B003F7WXTG?

This is a fully mechanical keyboard with excellent build quality that weights enough to beat someone with it (3.5 lbs). This keyboard is a beast and feels so good typing on it. This line was based on the old IBM Model M and F keyboard line but with pure mechanical switches instead of the Model M Hybrid. This is not your average cheap, membrane, Chinese made, 30 dollar keyboard.

This is so freaking awesome!!! B)

• Like 2

securitybreach

Nice description:

You could probably run it over with a bulldozer, and you'd have to file an insurance claim for the damages caused by the keyboard. Also, it's the closest keyboard you can get to the old IBM M series keyboards... clackity clack.

securitybreach

Neat, Cherry's are top of the tree keys. :clap2: Shame they could not afford to mark the keys though :harhar:

They offer them with key engravings or not but I think it looks so much more awesome without the key engravings. Plus who needs key labels if you already know all of the keys by heart?

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. You better be an efficient touch typist to use that baby. I'd be OK with it. I can type in the dark. :)

• Like 2

Neat, Cherry's are top of the tree keys. :clap2: Shame they could not afford to mark the keys though :harhar:

who needs key labels if you already know all of the keys by heart?

Guess that would come in handy if you were in the spying game :harhar:

or

if you could not afford the lecy bill :w00tx100:

securitybreach

google to the rescue: leccy bill is slang for electric bill!

Ummm ok?

I am still lost because why would not having or having key labels affect electricity?

He meant, if you don't pay the electric bill and the place goes dark, you can still type. Of course let's hope you have a gas generator to keep the computer switched on. :teehee:

• Like 1

Hello,

How do you like typing on it, so far? I use a Rosewill RK-9000 V2, which is at the barebones end of mechanical keyboards.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

securitybreach

I find typing on it to be a wonderful experience. The keys are so buttery smooth, it feels like every other keyboard you have used in the past is a complete piece of crap. The kb is pretty heavy(3.5lbs) and is very well made/sturdy!!!! It is seriously the best feeling keyboard I have ever had and I have owned probably 40 keyboards over the years. You do not have to push the keys all the way down for the key to register. I am still getting used to only pressing the keys half way down instead of banging out letters like I previously did. All in all, this is the best typing experience I have ever had. It feels so smooth.

• Like 3

V.T. Eric Layton

Gee... I use a Logitech K350 WAVE keyboard. I'm getting kinda' jealous reading these posts.

7242-IMG3029s.jpg

Sadly, it's going to take a lottery win of moderate size before I can ever justify paying 150+ bucks for a keyboard.

• Like 1

securitybreach

Well my keyboard is the most used peripheral and I had the money, so I bought it. That and I have spent hundreds over the years on keyboards/mice so I figured why not get something that will last a long time.

Hello,

Oh, I joined the group buy in early April. I'm not really worried about it--after all, the keyboard doesn't type any differently; it just doesn't have the homey-feel of those old computers and word processors I grew up typing on (CBM PET, Apple ][, IBM Selectric and Olympia word processor, etc.).

My keyboard uses MX Browns, but maybe I'll pick up one with Blues or Clears, even, one of these days, and use that keycap set with them. That would be positively clickity-clackity.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

securitybreach

My keyboard uses MX Browns, but maybe I'll pick up one with Blues or Clears, even, one of these days, and use that keycap set with them. That would be positively clickity-clackity.

Never heard of the clears... How do they sound?

It still has Caps Lock where I'll accidentally hit it 50 times a day.

On Linux, you can easily disable/remap capslock to ctrl.