FF Extension

Grasshopper

Is there a FF extension that will modify the Start Menu in WinXP so that you can access your bookmarks from there? Like IE does with the Favorites in the SM?I converted my wife to FF a while back and that's about her only gripe.

Bookmarks in FF are an HTML file so you could put a shortcut to it in her Start menu but it would only open the default browser so I'm not sure that helps as much as she would like.If there are a few specific URLs that she would like to go to directly when she opens her browser you could create a folder of shortcuts to those URLs with a link to the folder in the Start menu.

If Firefox is the default browser, clicking on an internet short cut in START>FAVORITES will open Firefox to the selected page.You can drag links and bookmarks from Firefox to the START menu (keep mouse button down while you hover over START) then to Favorites.

Is there a FF extension that will modify the Start Menu in WinXP so that you can access your bookmarks from there? Like IE does with the Favorites in the SM?I converted my wife to FF a while back and that's about her only gripe.
Seconded.

http://vertigrated.home.comcast.net/mozilla/index.htmldirections on editing your profile so that when you "save page as" it will use the title of the webpage. I'm not sure if this is what you want crp.And here is an extension to enable right-click on pages that block that behaviorhttp://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=341The extension slogger saves a copy of every web page you visit (it can be turned on and off)http://www.kenschutte.com/firefoxext/slogger-help/Spiderzillahttp://spiderzilla.mozdev.org/Scrapbookhttp://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=1316One of these ought to do what you wish. ;) Edited by zlim

I think I know what tbird is trying to say (and this is something I've asked him about in the past). Is there any way to save bookmarks straight to the Start->Favorites folder? Or a way to convert your FF links over to the Start->Favorites folder?Well, that's what I want to know.

nlinecomputers
I think I know what tbird is trying to say (and this is something I've asked him about in the past).  Is there any way to save bookmarks straight to the Start->Favorites folder?  Or a way to convert your FF links over to the Start->Favorites folder?Well, that's what I want to know.
In IE you can import favorites from firefox's bookmark.htm(it is in your Firefox profile directory) file. Once you do that they will be in your favorites menu.

In IE you can import favorites from firefox's bookmark.htm(it is in your Firefox profile directory) file.  Once you do that they will be in your favorites menu.
But since they will then be in IE's Favorite menu, will they open Firefox or IE?

nlinecomputers
But since they will then be in IE's Favorite menu, will they open Firefox or IE?
they open your default browser. If FF is the default that is what is opened.

nlinecomputers
why isn't spiderzilla listed on the extension page for FF ?
Because they don't wish to mess with Moz approval process. Most extensions are NOT listed on the official page. Edited by nlinecomputers

they open your default browser.  If FF is the default that is what is opened.
After I read your reply I realized that the Favorites in the start menu WILL open up in Firefox if that is your default browser. There is no special importing needed. Thanks :w00t:

But the issue occurs when you're bookmarks are dynamic...Start Menu Favorites don't change when you alter your bookmarks.Good ideas though...some I should have thought of... :w00t:

But the issue occurs when you're bookmarks are dynamic...Start Menu Favorites don't change when you alter your bookmarks.Good ideas though...some I should have thought of... :w00t:
;) couldn't you use a hardlink to keep them current?

Interesting. If I'm reading that right, it seems that every hardlink is modified when any of the other hardlinks of the same file are changed by any program. That's kind of snazzy. The question, then is, how do you hardlink something?

Is there a FF extension that will modify the Start Menu in WinXP so that you can access your bookmarks from there? Like IE does with the Favorites in the SM?
What about the deskcut extension ?

The deskCut extension gives me an error saying it only works for FF v 0.70 to 0.10+.  My version is 1.0.
go to about:configFilter for app.extensionsChange the value of app.extensions.version from 1.0 to 0.10

go to about:configFilter for app.extensionsChange the value of app.extensions.version from 1.0 to 0.10
Ummm... I tried to search the mozilla/FF site to find out what you were talking about. I came up empty. :lol:

nlinecomputers

SG,In Firefox or Mozilla(Or even Netscape) you can put about:configin the addressbar. A configuration page opens. Put the term app.extensions in the filter box and you'll see the setting that GolfProRM is refering to.