16 commands to check hardware information on Linux

securitybreach

securitybreach
Like for every thing, there are plenty of commands to check information about the hardware of your linux system. Some commands report only specific hardware components like cpu or memory while the rest cover multiple hardware units.

This post takes a quick look at some of the most commonly used commands to check information and configuration details about various hardware peripherals and devices. The list includes lscpu, hwinfo, lshw, dmidecode, lspci etc.

http://www.binarytides.com/linux-commands-hardware-info/

• Like 4

securitybreach

Wow, that hurts my eyes trying to look at that. How do you even look at that without your head hurting?

I love inxi as well

Me, too. By the way, MX-14 (the "special edition" of antiX, I guess they're calling it) includes inxi by default. I'm mainly using MX-14 for live sessions, from a flash drive, and for my purposes, having that tool available in the live session is very convenient.

• Like 1

Wow, that hurts my eyes trying to look at that. How do you even look at that without your head hurting?

Makes mine hurt too, that is why I have to sort it out. :fish:

securitybreach

Makes mine hurt too, that is why I have to sort it out. :fish:

Perhaps another terminal with a transparent of dark background with some decent fonts. I am partial to urxvt (rxvt-unicode) and will post my configs if you desire.