Photo

My eyes!! this is not good IMHO...a modern text browser....

Today, 10:09 AM

Posted by wa4chq in Bruno's All Things Linux
ouch....I just saw while scanning TecMint....
" Browsh - A Modern Text Browser That Plays Videos And Everything".  I'm thinking the "everything" was a typo and should read "Browsh - A Modern Text Browser That Plays Videos And Makes Your Eyes Cross And Leaves You With A Headache!!!"
https://www.tecmint....wser-for-linux/

10 Views · 2 Replies ( Last reply by wa4chq )

Photo

My systems' configs

Today, 10:42 AM

Posted by securitybreach in Bruno's All Things Linux
Here are the specs of my current machines:

Desktop: Posted Image Server 1: Posted Image Server 2: Posted Image

Linode VPS:Posted Image Workstation Laptop:Posted Image Main carry laptop:Posted Image

I have a few other systems but these are the ones that currently get used.

0 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

LOAF aka Linux On A Floppy

17 Aug 2018

Posted by wa4chq in Bruno's All Things Linux
My need to see magic happen in my early daze of having a computer revolved around loading floppies with  things like drdos and linux on floppies.  I've mentioned this many times since joining the BATL group, I had no clue as to what I was doing.  But I was having fun. BasicLinux https://distro.ibiblio.org/baslinux/ really started my road to 99.9% linux for me.  I'm using my phone now so it's hard to include examples with links but BL revolved around Slackware 3.5...(3.5 wasn't the latest version at the time, it's just what they used) I got that baby installed on my Toshiba Satelite  with dos on the side, dual-booted with loadlin.....didn't understand any of it but all worked and I was happy.  Later installed slack 7 and Icewm pimped with a dialup modem....righteous!  I was obsessed with burning small distros to floppies and seeing what appeared on the screen.  There used to be a lot available.  I tried many...but BL I used the most.
What Linux floppy distros did you try?

85 Views · 2 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 49 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS