The mysterious disappearing window case !!

abarbarian

abarbarian

Hi folks I have a mystery on my desktop it is a little complicated to explain in words so I have made a short ,less than a minute, screencast of the problem.

Basically my windows disappear of the screen.If I move them instead of stopping at the monitor edges,top,bottom, they just keep on going. Where to I have no idea, maybe another dimension perhaps.

My monitor is a bit like the Tardis it is bigger than it looks.

I have made some progress with the mystery but there is still a problem.

Have a looksee here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2qxi1233txs16n/mysterydesktopproblem.mkv?dl=0

Programs used

Arch

Window Maker

Vokoscreen ;-)

Wow...very strange. I would start by looking under the bridge. :) It will be interesting to see what causes this and even more interesting how to fix it. Good luck!

abarbarian

Wow...very strange. I would start by looking under the bridge. :) It will be interesting to see what causes this and even more interesting how to fix it. Good luck!

Ha ha good reply. As has been pointed out to me elsewhere and I checked my MX-16 pc too it is normal behaviour. I'll be darned if I ever noticed it before though. :228823: :Laughing:

• Like 1

securitybreach

I was going to suggest for you to try another environment as that is probably the culprit. If you have tried that already, check your over/underscan settings on your monitor.

abarbarian

I was going to suggest for you to try another environment as that is probably the culprit. If you have tried that already, check your over/underscan settings on your monitor.

Hmm do not know how to check underscan/overscan, never had to do that before.

The dock items stop at the edges so it is working sort of.

If by environment you mean use another DE or WM. I simply could not. No way. Not ever ever. Not even if I was thrown out of the Tyke Club or **** froze over. Nope never. :228823:

The upside is I posted on G+ and already several folk have looked at my post and responded so my subtle Window Maker Taking Over The World campaign is slowly seeping into folks consciousness. :devil:

Edited by abarbarian

abarbarian

Well I meant as a test to rule out it being a monitor issue or a de/wm issue.

Well the same thing happens on my MX-16 pc with a different monitor so I ain't going to bother trying a different DE/WM. I'm all confused now, I do not think the same thing occurs with my Windows 7 running on this rig.

I think I will just accept what is happening unless anyone has any bright ideas as the set up seems ok otherwise.

:breakfast:

V.T. Eric Layton

Sounds like what happens when you have your settings set so that you can slide windows from one desktop to an adjacent one.

Sounds like what happens when you have your settings set so that you can slide windows from one desktop to an adjacent one.

I'll look into this if I do not forget or if it cocks up again. When and if I ever get any free time. I'm researched out at the moment. :medic:

• Like 1