BootItNG on floppyless

DeafBug

I recall an old thread found here in this forum that a member mention that you don't need to install the bootmanager stuff if all you want is the partition manager. I have done that a few times in the past. Those computers have a floppy drive.If you download the zip file for BootIt, it has a file call makedisk. it makes a bootable floppy disk. It also has a bootitng.exe file. I tried running that and it still attempts to make a bootdisk. I ran it on the laptop where it has no floppy, the bootitng.exe gives a warning that there is no floppy drive and won't do anything more. I tried running it off from a flash drive. No difference.My question is how do you run it like you could with a floppy for computers that have no floppy to just access partition manager utility?I still have the old PartitionMagic 6 that is a two disk setup. I have read on the Net on how to make it one disk and/or include that with BartPE or the like on CDs. The only problem is that PM6 doesn't like the new NTFS format. I know I can format to FAT32 and have it converted. I am actually looking into resizing.

Dell E1505 laptop with windowsXPAnd another desktop PC that has no floppy. Plus any family member or people I know that their computer is floppy-less.I can temporarily insert a floppy drive but I have to yank it out from the other PC. We are going floppy-less someday so everything needs to run off of CD or flash drive. I don't plan to use a floppy in the future when I buy PCs or lappies. So that's the direction I am heading, trying to get everything on CD, prefer flash drive, if mobo can boot to it.I have seen a bunch of freewares on resizing but I am not comfortable with the text and hex stuff. I prefer GUI.

zlim, I am trying to use the partition work of the application rather than installing it. In thispost Specmon explained this.

This is a time limited version of the Boot Manager (which you don't need) and a group of patition tools that the installed program lets you install to a floppy. The floppy works forever.First time you use this it might look scary, but it isn't all that complicated.The floppy starts by asking if you want to install the boot manager, click past that and the next screen is the entryway to the partition work,
That's all I want. Trying to make it work on a computer without a floppy. I can't get it to work as it see that there is no floppy. I use the floppy version as he mentioned a number of times but it is with computers that have floppies.

• 2 weeks later...

Burning a CD after instead of a floppy is straightforward.Run the zip file and install the program to your machine, then follow the directions on page 8 of the user guide to burn the ISO image to a CD. Here is the pdf of the user guide: from TerabyteThe bootable CD means you no longer need a floppy. I've switched to this too. B)