Photo

More Diverging Technology

Yesterday, 07:21 AM

Posted by raymac46 in Hardware
It's said that the netbook was killed by the emergence of the tablet. Now the tablet (at least the Android variety) appears to be on its way out. Google doesn't make them anymore and in fact, Android P will not be supported on tablets.
I've been looking for a tablet lately to replace an old Nexus 7 2012 edition. The grandkids like playing games on it but it's obsolete and won't run anything higher than Android 4.4 without slowing down completely. Pickings are pretty slim unless you want iPad (I don't) or Amazon Fire (don't want that either.) None of the majors have released a new model this year and the market appears to be going over to the Chinese no-names.
The tablet is being replaced by phablet phones, Chromebooks, 2 in 1s and new faster lighter notebooks. I guess most folks want a keyboard after all. There wasn't anything wrong with the netbook that better hardware wouldn't have cured.

48 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by goretsky )

Photo

Backup Media

14 Jul 2018

Posted by ebrke in Hardware
I'm a little embarrassed to ask this, but I'm looking for a better way to back up minimal win7 install (mother's laptop--still using 7 DVDs to back up). A backup file is less than 50 GB in size according to proprietary Lenovo backup software. Could I use a usb flash drive as backup media?

152 Views · 9 Replies ( Last reply by goretsky )

Photo

Arch Linux - News: libutf8proc>=2.1.1-3 update requires manual int

14 Jul 2018

Posted by securitybreach in Bruno's All Things Linux

libutf8proc>=2.1.1-3 update requires manual intervention

2018-07-14 - Antonio Rojas

The libutf8proc package prior to version 2.1.1-3 had an incorrect soname link. This has been fixed in 2.1.1-3, so the upgrade will need to overwrite the untracked soname link created by ldconfig. If you get an error
libutf8proc: /usr/lib/libutf8proc.so.2 exists in filesystem

when updating, use
pacman -Suy --overwrite usr/lib/libutf8proc.so.2

to perform the upgrade.
https://www.archlinu...l-intervention/

0 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 67 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Bing, Google, Yahoo

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS