Eric Blogger?

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Possibly as a direct result of THIS, Ron Schenone of The Blade and Reflections blogs (member Rons here at Scot's) was nice enough to personally recommend me as a blogger at Chris Pirillo's Lockergnome site. I've agreed to give this a shot. I've sent Bob Fogarty over there the info necessary to get started. My blog's name will be Nocturnal Slacker. What else, right? I'll post the link around here somewhere once it's all set up. Hopefully, y'all will come and read my musings. I'll be blogging about Linux, of course, but also general topics that grab my imagination. It should be kinda' fun. I'm a blog newbie (I know, Bruno. I know! :thumbsup: ), but intend to make a go of it. I don't have any worries about my writing skills; it's material that I worry about. I hope to come up with entertaining stuff on a consistent basis. It's more difficult than it sounds... ask any blogger.I'll keep ya' posted on the progress... :hysterical:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V.T. Eric Layton

• securitybreach

• Urmas

• cybormoron

Good stuff Eric! Lockergnome was one of the first sites I joined when I started with computers 8 or 9 years ago. haven't been there much lately as it's mainly Windows and a little Mac. Looks like you can redress the imbalance for penguinistas. :hysterical:

V.T. Eric Layton

Haven't made any choices, actually. I can login, but that's all. I can't set up any of my prefs or anything. I have an email to Bob Fogarty asking for assistance.

Guest LilBambi

Nevermind ... it's this Debian Lenny interaction with a built-in mouse glide on this laptop. Change to have to double-click links but it still does tapping! I can't find the turn off tapping like I did in Windows. :(The site is fine, just was movement with the mouse on the page that clicked a stupid ad. Installed Adblock Plus from apt-get and NoScript shouldn't happen again LOL

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. You were my very first linkback. I'm not a virgin anymore. ;)Thank you, Franny! Or should that be "Frannie"? :(

securitybreach

Just let me know what you need, I do not mind trolling the sites for you..... just kidding. Kidding aside, if there is anyway I can help you out, just let me know and I will do whatever I can.

securitybreach
Clone yourself 100,000 times and have each of you read by blog every 30 minutes, while clicking on all the Google ads there.Or... just pass the link along to every Tom, Dick, and Mary that you know who has a keyboard, monitor, mouse... and can read and click. :thumbsup:
Sorry I was only able to clone myself 90,000 times but yeah I know what you mean.

V.T. Eric Layton

:w00t:Just spreading the link would do the trick, Josh. Just have to get "known" out there and develop a following. I doubt I'm going to be able to support myself by this alone. Although, I understand there are many who do manage that (I'll be learning the trade as I go along). Maybe it can be my stepping stone to a real paid freelancer position. Scot... you listening here? :thumbsup: For now though, I'm just learning and having FUN! :hysterical:

securitybreach
:w00t:Just spreading the link would do the trick, Josh. Just have to get "known" out there and develop a following. I doubt I'm going to be able to support myself by this alone. Although, I understand there are many who do manage that (I'll be learning the trade as I go along). Maybe it can be my stepping stone to a real paid freelancer position. Scot... you listening here? :thumbsup: For now though, I'm just learning and having FUN! :hysterical:
If you manage to start getting paid, I may have to join you in this blogging thing :hysterical:Just stage some cute cat doing something in a video (especially playing a piano) and you will get tons of hits. For some reason, us geeks, like the cute cat videos.

Guest LilBambi

I love that Eric! Three Beautiful Ladies ... read it this morning! :thumbsup:Also read all your others, today, yesterday, day before... :yes:Dug one of your blog articles, but hadn't thought to Digg the blog itself. Will have to go back and do that!Will /. it as well.Already Tweeted, which also Tumbles it...

securitybreach
I love that Eric! Three Beautiful Ladies ... read it this morning! :thumbsup:Also read all your others, today, yesterday, day before... :yes:Dug one of your blog articles, but hadn't thought to Digg the blog itself. Will have to go back and do that!Will /. it as well.Already Tweeted, which also Tumbles it...
Arggg, too many nouns becoming verbs. :hysterical:

Guest LilBambi

:hysterical:Yep, really is! But there it is...kinda like bees, buzzing around in your head...but there they are! (paraphase on a Firesign Theatre bit)