Today is the last day to make your voice heard for an open Internet&#3

ross549

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/begin?procName=14-28&filedFrom=X

This is the place you can go to submit a comment. Here's some suggestions to make your comment valuable to the FCC:

• Type it up in a text/word file and export/print to PDF.
  • Take some time to write about how the addition of "fast lanes" would ruin the internet for you
  • Shy away from superfluous comments such as "it sucks". This does not halp the FCC make a case.
  • Tell your story! How has the internet as it is changed your life?

The deadline is tonight! Have you submitted your comment yet?

Adam

Guest LilBambi

I have put in three comments since this started. One to the email address they first posted, one manual submittal the FCC comment area and another through the EFF later.

This is so important!

I would have posted,

When you have all the people of America connected to the internet at a decent and fair price and at a minimum speed of 5 MB. Then and only then should you allow the greedy companies to create a fast track for the wealthy.

but only comments from the USA are allowed.

:breakfast:

Guest LilBambi

I would have posted,

When you have all the people of America connected to the internet at a decent and fair price and at a minimum speed of 5 MB. Then and only then should you allow the greedy companies to create a fast track for the wealthy.

but only comments from the USA are allowed.

:breakfast:

Speak for yourself. Many of us in Rural America which is the largest chunk of the land areas in the USA and many of us don't even have ANY wired solutions. Here's it's only Verizon Wireless:

3631425147.png

(only density of population is in cities and suburbs)

Oh, and on this speedtest.net result, ONLY 1 little spike was the high point that gave it 2.2 Mbps, the rest of test was in the low 1.x range. And the cost is NO WHERE near decent or fair pricing.

Does the F+ tell you how well our ONLY viable pseudo broadband carrier is doing?

I have put in three comments since this started. One to the email address they first posted, one manual submittal the FCC comment area and another through the EFF later.

This is so important!

I did one manually at the FCC site and I think I've signed several petitions, etc., at various places.

securitybreach

Does the F+ tell you how well our ONLY viable pseudo broadband carrier is doing?

I know.. I am so sorry Fran. I know it isn't my fault but I hate that you and JL have to go through this.

:bang: :angry: :angry2: :flowers:

Speak for yourself. Many of us in Rural America which is the largest chunk of the land areas in the USA and many of us don't even have ANY wired solutions. Here's it's only Verizon Wireless:

3631425147.png

(only density of population is in cities and suburbs)

Oh, and on this speedtest.net result, ONLY 1 little spike was the high point that gave it 2.2 Mbps, the rest of test was in the low 1.x range. And the cost is NO WHERE near decent or fair pricing.

I do not know how you read my post but it is in support of having a fair priced decent speed internet for everyone. Oh, and my speeds here are only 25% of yours at various times during the week,ie: 0.6Mbps, with my highest speeds reaching around the 1.75Mbps and that speed is just an occasional speed bump.

B)

Hello,

I checked to make sure the comment I left in May didn't disappear when their site went down.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Guest LilBambi

Smart move Aryeh! Might have to go make sure mine are still there too!

Sorry, must have read it wrong abarbarian. Yeah, this is a very good day for us too. We annoyingly slip back to 1x sometimes and it is a real joke. So I know what you mean. I would hate to try to do a speedtest.net test during those times because I can barely pull in a website then.

Thankfully, we often are able to pull the power and battery and reconnect to get it back to EVDO/3G.