ALERT...

Guest Paracelsus

Guest Paracelsus

Using FF 0.9.3 on two systems.1) Win98SE at work2) WinXPHome (SP1) at HomeOn both, I frequently get the following pop-up when clicking links at Websites, or launching a site from Bookmarks... and occasionally, when transitioning pages at Websites.FFAlert.jpgIt happens randomly, so I can't pinpoint the behavior to any particular sites.This occurs regardless of how I set cookie handling and my cache allotment is larger that actually necessary. Clearing makes no difference either.Does anyone else experience this??

Guest Paracelsus
Hmmm...do the documents you are attempting to access actually have no data? :devil:
Whippersnapper!!You just moved waaaaaaaaaaay up on LR's Hit List o:) :devil:Actually...They aren't documents at all. They are WEBSITES. And YES!...They DO exist.That's part of what makes the cause so elusive. Sometimes it happens... Other times not.

Whippersnapper!!You just moved waaaaaaaaaaay up on LR's Hit List  :unsure:  :devil:Actually...They aren't documents at all.  They are WEBSITES.  And YES!...They DO exist.That's part of what makes the cause so elusive.  Sometimes it happens... Other times not.
Ah, but websites ARE documents.

Paracelsus, I see the same error. I'm only running .9 on one partition, the others are still using .8 and if my memory is correct, it only happens in .9

Guest Paracelsus
Ah, but websites ARE documents.
Zen zee Documents are not in order!!Ve must have zee Documents prezented prrrrrrrrroperly!!(Zign zee paypers Olt Maun)OK...So the Websites are Documents...What's the "Data"??

Guest Paracelsus
It'sa the twentieth of Augusta. Whya you aska?
;) :happyroll: Thanks, Folks!Just wanted to make sure it wasn't me.I actually had considered the "Timed Out" thing...But the wording seemed a bit strange. And it also seems to happen too quickly for that. But mayhaps it's a consequence of FF being overall faster anyway.

This has happened to me as well, Para.My problem was that a web site had changed hosting services and my indy.rr DNS had not updated. I had to go track down the the actual IP address and type it in manually and I was able to connect to the site.