FF1.0

georgeg4

I upgraded ( actually i uninstalled ff 0.80 and d/l /reinstalled ff 1.0 ) and now when i dl an extension it appears to d/l fine and says it will be installed when you restart firefox . but upon restart nothing happens i tried to reboot as well but still nothing . and the only one showing in /home/firefox/extensions/installed extensions.txt is the default theme .the browser it self seems to run fine

Hi GeorgeMaybe I should leave this to the FireFox experts . . . but, in my opinion you better dellete the /home/george/.mozilla/firefox directory . . . it will be rebuild as soon as you start FF again and probably solve the problems.( Also have a lok if you maybe have a /home/george/.phoenix directory . . . maybe 8.0 was still using that one . . ):hmm: Bruno

i checked bruno i dont have /home/georgeg4/mozilla/firefox directory just /home/georgeg4/firefox which has a run-mozilla.sh and a mozilla xremote-client in it . nothing else with mozilla in the title

It should be /home/george4/.mozilla/firefox. The .mozilla profile directory is hidden, so make sure you are viewing hidden files in your file manager.../home/george4/firefox is the firefox application directory. Your extensions will be installed in your profile directory.Good luck.

Thanks bruno and tranquilloi found the directory thanks to tranquillo's information and actuallly i just renamed it as oldfirefox instead of deleting it outright . and as bruno said when i restarted it did in fact correct the problem with extensions . however a smaller problem occurred i lost my bookmarks .but since i kept the folder now i assume all i need do is find the bookmark folder and move it to the new /mozilla/firefox dir .

Very clever to rename the directory George :D . . . . now the bookmarks . . . . Here they are:/home/george/.mozilla/firefox/default.xxx/bookmarks.html( Don't forget the dot this time :ph34r: :offtopic: . . . and the xxx are randon caracters different on every system ;) )B) Bruno