Photo

Upgrading my Computer

Yesterday, 08:29 PM

Posted by mhbell in Bruno's All Things Linux
Has any of the forum members built a computer using a AMD AM4 Ryzen cpu? Was wondering about compatibility. I do know that some of the motherboards have stability problems with linux and the Ryzen cpu. I am planning on using a Ryzen am4 2000G and a Asus B450 Pro 4 Motherboard with patriot dd4 3000 Mhz memory. Any comments, suggestions welcome and appreciated. My only worrys are compatibility with Linux. I run linux Mint 19 as my primary OS.
Mel

61 Views · 7 Replies ( Last reply by raymac46 )

Photo

Updated Debian 9: 9.6 released

Yesterday, 05:17 PM

Posted by securitybreach in Bruno's All Things Linux

Updated Debian 9: 9.6 released

November 10th, 2018

The Debian project is pleased to announce the sixth update of its stable distribution Debian 9 (codename stretch). This point release mainly adds corrections for security issues, along with a few adjustments for serious problems. Security advisories have already been published separately and are referenced where available.

Please note that the point release does not constitute a new version of Debian 9 but only updates some of the packages included. There is no need to throw away old stretch media. After installation, packages can be upgraded to the current versions using an up-to-date Debian mirror.

Those who frequently install updates from security.debian.org won't have to update many packages, and most such updates are included in the point release.

New installation images will be available soon at the regular locations.

Upgrading an existing installation to this revision can be achieved by pointing the package management system at one of Debian's many HTTP mirrors. A comprehensive list of mirrors is available at:

https://www.debian.org/mirror/list

https://www.debian.o...s/2018/20181110

44 Views · 2 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Photo

Bayer Stock Crashes After Monsanto Cancer Verdict Upheld

04 Nov 2018

Posted by securitybreach in The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe
Serves them right!!!

Bayer greedily bought and swallowed the ‘poison pill’ of Monsanto without considering its true liability. Fifty-seven billion Euros of market cap down the drain later, now their headache is taking on epic proportions…

Growing uncertainty about whether San Francisco Superior Court Judge Suzanne Ramos Bolanos would rule in favor or against Bayer’s appeal of the Monsanto Cancer Verdict were resolved Tuesday morning as the judge upheld the jury’s decision that the glyphosate-based weedkiller (aka Roundup) sold by Monsanto caused a California man’s terminal cancer and that Monsanto intentionally hid its dangers.

The news quickly spread and caused an immediate crash in Bayer’s stock value, sending a powerful message to the Agrochemical industry that they are legally and financially responsible for the adverse effects caused by their unscrupulously marketed products despite receiving a regulatory pass from government agencies like the EPA, USDA, and FDA that have traditionally acted as industry cheerleaders.

https://www.wakingti...ture-liability/

887 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 61 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Bing, Google, Yahoo

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS