• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

OK, so here's how things have been going for me the past couple weeks...

I've been needing a battery for my little Dell for about 6 months now. I finally found one that had the right price... $11.09 w/ free shipping (of course), so I bought it the other day.

It came today. YAY! I got the little Dell out of it's zipper case and set it on the desk. I opened it up in preparation to fire it up with the new battery to charge it. I opened the box with the new battery and as I was taking it out, I fumbled it and it landed squarely on the little Dell's keyboard. Yup. Smashed up three keys.

I fired it up anyway to charge the battery and found that my ethernet is not functioning now. It comes on for a few seconds and then dies. The wifi works fine. I may have knocked something loose when I dropped the battery on the keyboard. Dunno for sure? Anyway, since a new keyboard is about $16 on eBay and I don't know what the issue with the ethernet is, I'm just going to retire this little guy temporarily till I have some spare change to spend on it.

In the meantime, I'll give the new battery to my brother who is using my other Dell D610 (sister to mine). He can make use of it. His battery has been toast for about a year now.

Myeh... what it be is what it be.

Later...

#2 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,796 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:31 PM

Hehe, don't feel bad...I have done worse.. :hysterical:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:31 PM

Worse yes . I put a 200euro monitor under the bed for safety . Took it out about six months later thinking to upgrade the system . Lo and behold something had pierced the box and cabbaged the screen . Misery abounds. Just like taxes
:w00tx100:
Linux counter no . 393441

#4 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 06 June 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

I opened the box with the new battery and as I was taking it out, I fumbled it and it landed squarely on the little Dell's keyboard. Yup. Smashed up three keys.

I fired it up anyway to charge the battery and found that my ethernet is not functioning now. It comes on for a few seconds and then dies. The wifi works fine.
Ouch.
Registered Linux User 344759

#5 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:21 PM

Myeh... feces occurs.

#6 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:23 PM

mv laptop /dev/null :(
registered Linux user number 324659  || The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageKXStudio
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#7 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

View Postsunrat, on 12 June 2016 - 10:23 PM, said:

mv laptop /dev/null :(

Pretty much; temporarily, anyway. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users