Get IE Without Downloading

pcterm2

Hi, PCterm:

can i load internet explorer off a install cd of windows 95 and how do i do it?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. But if your version of Windows is newer than Windows 95 (whatever version of Windows 95 your CD is), the answer is no. Also, there's no separate installer for IE on any Windows disk. The installation is integral with the Windows install. Nothing is impossible, of course. But let me ask you, why not download IE? It's free.-- Scot

I don't know if this will help... And I know it’s far out there...A long long time ago it seems like every computer magazine that I purchased had either an AOL or Microsoft Network CD.When I was using Windows 95/98 I would use those free Microsoft Network CD's to keep my IE updated because the latest versions were always on the CD’s, and because it took forever to download new versions of IE via a 28.8 modem with AOL on old phone lines.IF you have an old and I mean an OLD, AOL CD or MSN CD somewhere in with your computer stuff (that is if you have used PC's since Windows 95), you may find that an older version of IE and Netscape are included right on the CD.But like Scot said... Why don't you just download it?

:huh: ok here is the gist of it- windows 95b-someone deleted the internet explorer and outlook express,i maybe be wrong but i thought if you have an install cd you could get it from there and put it back on the computer,cannot d/l from microsoft,no internet connection -no internet explorer-any ideas would be apperciated :rolleyes:ps i do have the install cd

First, Arena2045's tip is an excellent one, to get IE from an AOL or MSN CD. Although that usually means you get those services too. There are other program CDs that do this too. It used to be more common than it is now. Eudora CDs used to have IE on them. May still for all I know, I haven't seen a new one in a long time.PCTerm, if you have the correct Windows 95B CD for your Windows installation that had IE and OE removed (probably in conjuntion with 98lite.com), then I recommend trying to install over your running version of Windows with the CD. Post back if you need help with that.Also, check here:http://www.litepc.com/98lite.htmlIf you know how OE and IE were removed, post back and let us know about that.-- Scot

Yeah about my little tip… Now days the free CD’s usually incorporate their service with IE, where as (for the most part) before (during the Windows 95 era) the option to install a non-branded/non-service version of IE or Netscape from a free CD was totally optional.Anyway… I totally agree with Scot’s suggestions! :huh:

Guest ThunderRiver

I totally agree with Scot's suggestion.pcterm2, do you mean "steamline the installation of Winodws 95 along with IE?"-Thunder

Office 2000 installs IE and Outlook (or upgrades it)so if can find someone with that program just do a custom install and upgrade your Word in the process

:angry: cannot d/l from microsoft,no internet connection -no internet explorer-any ideas would be apperciated :ph34r:
something like this seems to happen so often. Once this problem is resolved, a good idea would be to have installed more than one browser. There are a lot to choose from including Netscape and Opera. I currently have the use of 9 with the default being Opera 7.With multiple browsers come the problem of keeping the favorites/bookmarks synchronized. A good program to do this is Jet Links. With that program, with Opera being the default, all new bookmarks are added there. Periodically, JL is used to import the Opera bookmarks and then saved. At this point, export JL bookmarks to both NS and IE. Interstingly, the IE "cousins" will be updated but Mozilla has to be done separately.Once that is done, access is still available to all bookmarks via the Start>Favorites.

Guest LilBambi

What ISP do you use? Do you have a local ISP? Many times you can pick up a CD from them with a browser and their dialer setup on it.Where are you getting online to post here? Do they have a CDR? Maybe you could download a copy from one of the local ISPs around, like Widomaker.com's software section, or here on Microsoft's Windows 95 site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/default.asp

:o sorry it took so long to answer your questions about this internet explorer download problem ,i was trying to help a fellow worker who for the life of me-he has no internet explorer or outlook , i thought i had read somewhere were you can extract it from the cab files [which i found] but i dont know which file to extract from which cab.funny first windows os i have ever seen without ie or outlook.ps see forum get ie without downloading

pcterm2,Total confusion will incur by breaking away from the topic in which so many users have replied…To reduce the whole confusion problem between reading your latest reply and locating the previous thread, I’ve merged the last topic into the original.I would recommend, that if you absolutely feel the need to break away from a previous topic, that you should include a link to the prior thread and summarize the complete situation.Action Performed: Topic "ie again" by pcterm2, Posted on Mar 25 2003, 07:40 PM was merged with this topic “Get IE Without Downloading.â€

Does this PC have internet access at all? Do you have an ftp client installed? Or even an instant messanger capable of transfering files(AOL IM, ICQ, etc.). If so you could use ftp to connect to MS or another browser download. Or I can hook up with you and send you the phoenix browser over instant messanger.I can not believe I have not thought of this before now. I was laying in bed watching the tube and the thought came out of nowhere. Just let me know if I can assist you in anyway.

no thats the problem-no internet access at all,i was trying to get him internet explorer 5.5 because it is a program we have to use on this one web site.i figured i could just sneak up on it by getting 4.0 and updateing from there.i have access to ie 6.0 but it wont work with windows 95 B)

:) A Wild Suggestion...................Hmm why break your head over extracting each and every file of IE .U could get Opera ..........7.0x...seriesand for mail program opera has a built in one, which gets the job done.Well PcTerm how about this idea????And for getting opera, pick up any print mags, my pic PC MAG, PC Wolrd etcor damm anything with a bundled cd and a opera in that CD....... :)

At the MS download site for IE there is an option to have a CD mailed to you rather than download. They charge a few dollars to pay for the costs.Roshisan