Knoppix 3.3

quint

Hi all, well it's here...but I'm turning in, so I'll have to check it out in the morning...FSLO-1064215629-611226.jpg

Knoppix 3.3 (V3.3-2003-09-22) has been released. From the changelog: "Added AX25 protocol support on request; boot option tohd=hda1 changed to tohd=/dev/hda1 for consistence; new and improved unofficial installer "knoppix-installer" from Fabian Franz; service menu for Samba export; re-added xchat; ddcxinfo-knoppix now uses extended monitor modelines from Kano by default." See the complete changelog and package list. Download: KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-09-22-EN.iso (700MB) or KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-09-22-DE.iso (700MB).
Knoppix 3.3 EnglishKnoppix 3.3 GermanChangelogPackage ListMD5SUM

Had to go back to Distrowatch and play around teo find the mirror site. That one just did not want to work. Mirror sites gave me a list to choose from. I managed to find one with a decent download speed so I might play with this one today since tomorrow it's back to work. Our hurricane holiday is over. By the way Quint, I noticed those that knew what they were doing were pulling in a decent number of fish surf fishing yesterday. B)

Sweet!!!doubt it likes nvidia drivers any better tho, but still great OS been running the preview here and I love it.I just wish I was as far as Quint is with it. I got to download it yet B)

Got it this morning..will check it out tonight....Man is good to be able to D/L and talk to the penguin community again..well I'm off to see if I still have an office :w00t:Of course surf fishing sounds good too! B)

doubt it likes nvidia drivers any better tho
Not sure why people have been complaining about Nvidia. I have use RH9 and Knoppix 3.2-2003-09-05 on my test desktop (only one with Nvidia) without obvious problems. NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64.......Have not tested any 3d operations. Just 2d. But no obvious problems. In both Linux cases I have used drivers from install without any changes.

Hi all, well it's here...but I'm turning in, so I'll have to check it out in the morning...
  Knoppix 3.3 (V3.3-2003-09-22) has been released. From the changelog: "Added AX25 protocol support on request; boot option tohd=hda1 changed to tohd=/dev/hda1 for consistence; new and improved unofficial installer "knoppix-installer" from Fabian Franz; service menu for Samba export; re-added xchat; ddcxinfo-knoppix now uses extended monitor modelines from Kano by default." See the complete changelog and package list. Download: KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-09-22-EN.iso (700MB) or KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-09-22-DE.iso (700MB).
Knoppix 3.3 EnglishKnoppix 3.3 GermanChangelogPackage ListMD5SUM
Thanks QuintJust downloaded it along with Slack Live CD. Will burn the ISO's and let you know how it turns out..Mel :thumbsup:

Well I am running it off the live CD, it still doesn't do Nvidia - grrrrrrrGuess I will probably do the install anyway - it's hard to stay away from Knoppix, almost got Mepis cd 2 download also - I know I am behind but hey I get around to other distros eventually

Well I am running it off the live CD, it still doesn't do Nvidia - grrrrrrrGuess I will probably do the install anyway - it's hard to stay away from Knoppix, almost got Mepis cd 2 download also - I know I am behind but hey I get around to other distros eventually
Kelly:Which Nvidia cards are causing the problems (so I know which ones to avoid)?

It's the GeForceFX 5200 - display works and all, it does a default driver, but it doesn't do the 3D acceleration and I can't change resolutions or enable the GUI effects like transparency.I still use Knoppix and have followed a couple directions on how to compile the nvidia into Debian, but unsuccessful as of yet to get it to work. From what I read all to get the nvidia drivers working with Debian they have to be compiled into the kernal - that is where I am having my problem

DistroWatchA new bug-fix release (V3.3-2003-09-24) of the increasingly popular Knoppix live CD, version 3.3, is now available: "V3.3-2003-09-24 (small bugfix). Updated cdrecord package to fix permissions of /usr/bin/cdrecord, so CD-recording in user-mode works again (k3b); pcmcia-cs update." See the complete changelog and package list for more information. Download: KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-09-24-EN.iso (700MB) or KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-09-24-DE.iso (700MB)KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-09-24-EN.isoKNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-09-24-DE.iso