Restrictions

mtwilco

I tried to access internet options to check on some settings. A popup window opened and said: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. Any Ideas on what happened and how to fix it? I am running Win 98SE and IE6.0. Thank you.

Is this computer your own personal computer? Or is it a work computer that you just have access to? Could someone else have gone in as a different user and locked things up?

Also, do you use or know of X-Setup? It is a like tweakUI, only it is much more in depth. I have fixed many problems like this by using X-Setup. If something changes your registry settings, you can easily change them back with this.If you want to try X-Setup.....let me know.

Stryder, Your link to MSKB fixed my problem. Would like to know what caused it, but that is probably just a windows thing. I have never used X-Setup. But I am very interested and would like to try it. I have TweakUI and find it quite valuable. Thank you for your help. Mike........

Stryder, Your link to MSKB fixed my problem. Would like to know what caused it, but that is probably just a windows thing. I have never used X-Setup. But I am very interested  and would like to try it. I have TweakUI and find it quite valuable. Thank you for your help.    Mike........
Good deal, glad I was able to help.Here is a link to X-Setup: http://www.xteq.com/index.html