Suse GREMLINS 11

kamicota

Hi :) AllAnother Suse Saga :blink: :) goes like this--->Installed BootIt works great with all my OSReplaced Glitchy Suse 8.2 with a new Install on same partitionSuse Lilo took over ---> No BootIt or Xandros to accessBootIt Floppy asked and restored itHooray :) the Xandros Boot Loader gave me all Options through BootItTried Booting to Suse and BooHoo :thumbsup: :'( :D this was sitting blinking at me --->>>Loading kernel...EBDA too bigAny IdeasColin :D

Quint :) B) :) ME try to recompile a kernel, NOT that I did Consciously On that Hda9 I've had a working Suse 8.2 that I lost, a Mandrake 10 beta1 A Suse 8.2 reinstall that froze the hardrive with up to 72 Nautilus errorsAnother Suse 8.2 that worked when Installed and then lost BootItBootIt Restored Then tried a Boot to Suse 8.2 and hence the Loading kernel...EDBA too bigI am trying to reformat that Hda9 but as yet not managed to find a program that a Novice could useEven got the Ultimate boot disk and Fdisk with it's dos command structure seems out of my leagueTried QtParted but twice it was a corrupted or files missing downloadQTParted on Knoppix liveCd I can't use as knoppix freezes tooStill Soldiering on though B) Colin o:)

You have to install the SuSE bootloader to somewhere other than the MBR and bootit will be fine. I installed GRUB to my /boot partition. Then you have to set up a boot menu item in BootIT pointing to whatever partition you installed GRUB to and BootIt will invoke GRUB when you boot the linux entry you created.You can reinstall BootIt and start again.

Heck ElizabethI just let Suse Manage that But Xandros if installed last Gives all Boot OptionsAm thinking of purchasing BootItNG at this point in time to help with formatting etcThanx :w00t: Colin :lol: