Photo

Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 7

23 Jun 2018

Posted by zlim in All Things Windows
IE is up to date as far as security updates through June 2018.
I have AdBlockPlus installed. When I read in another thread that uBlockOrigin works in Windows 10, I figured I'd see if it was available for Windows 7.

I click on Tools then Mange Addons. From that point on, it gets bizarre.

I click on Find More Toolbars and Extensions and Palemoon pops up.This gives me a 404 error because MS has broken the connection between the browser and the "gallery" when they eliminated it and replace it with the MS store, I suspect.

Is there any way to actually get an addon for IE in Windows 7?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I went here
https://support.micr...-manage-add-ons
the directions don't make sense.

swipe up from the bottom of the screen (or right-click) to bring up the app commands,

So I decided to try the virtual assistant. The assistant, tried to give solutions for Windows 10. I typed a few times Windows 7 and all I got was "I don't understand".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did manage to find the store and discovered uBO only works in Edge.
Posted Image

Don't waste time dealing with this non-issue.

109 Views · 5 Replies ( Last reply by Corrine )

Photo

Anti-Malware software

17 Jun 2018

Posted by DarkSerge in All Things Windows
Greetings.

Like many people, I have parents that don't fully understand how computers and the Internet work. What's a good malware program to recommend to my dad?

He almost got scammed by someone posing as an HP support rep claiming it's because he did a bing search after 5pm when HP was closed.

Edit: Anti-malware, of course :)

Also, he's used Malwarebytes in the past. Keep using it or are there better suggestions?

227 Views · 11 Replies ( Last reply by Corrine )

Photo

capital punishment

19 Jun 2018

Posted by crp in Bruno's All Things Linux
so the Debian OS didn't put up a warning or anything like that and a user was created with upper case letters. Are we stuck with this or is there a way to rename the account name without messing up the file shares and security settings?

115 Views · 4 Replies ( Last reply by crp )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

1 members, 49 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Bing, Pete!, Google, Yahoo

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS