Those were the Days !!

abarbarian

Found a old picture the other day with 1970 written on the back. Me and my sister wearing me mum and dads best clothes from yesteryear. The suit was me dads first ever suit and the dress was me mums first ever dress. That is the first ever decent clothes they could afford to buy after they landed in Britain after the war.

z0W6bael.png

:breakfast:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

AH! The violin case? Dad wasn't a gangster in Prohibition Era Chicago by any chance was he? They used to play some jammin' tunes on those choppers back then...

Thompson.jpg

• Like 2

I think me sister still has the dress tucked away in the back of her wardrobe.

I'm trying to bring out the colours in the photo and sharpen and brighten it up a little to make a reprint. me mum had the picture in a larger size hung on the wall but it has suffered with sun fade. So I am having a go at rejuvenating this smaller picture in the hope that when I resize and print it it will look as good as the day it was hung.

Eric, no, dad was a straight up citizen. I however have tried my best to rebel. As I said I could tell you some tales about the case but they are not suitable for this forum. B)

• Like 2

Guest LilBambi

Hope you are not going to try to enlarge it after you work on it.

That is never a good mixture. Even if untouched it's not a good mixture.

If it were me, i would ask for my mother's picture so you can take a full-size scan of it somewhere and work on that.

Failing that, find a good interpolation tool.

Adam

I had to look that one up in the dictionary :breakfast:

Thanks Fran. I have a scan of the original size and a scan of a smaller size. The original is well sun bleached and I think will take a lot of fiddling. Still I will have a go with both and see what I can come up with. Gimp here I come again.

• 3 weeks later...

imag023414.jpg

Me two years ago before I fell in front of the lawnmower.

Looking rather corpulent swigging fine Belgian dark larger in The House Of The Trembling Madness in York.

Not quite a blast from the past but it marks a major change in my life.

If folks are not too shy why not dig up some old or very old pictures showing yourself in the past. :hug:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Here's what 30 years will do to you...

Me at 16 on the left and at 46 on the right:

1977-2007.png

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Jeeeez. I'm old. In '84, I had already graduated and got my degree in Electronics. I was the service manager at a local electronics repair facility and working a second job at a radio repair shop across the Bay. I was driving a '78 Pontiac Grand Prix and had a 1981 Honda CM 400 motorcycle. I had lost my virginity many years before. I was no longer partaking in illicit drugs by this time. I smoked about 2.5 packs of Marlboro a day at this time, though. I drank excessively (Jack Daniels) on binge days, but not at all the rest of the time. I had an extensive firearms collection already. ;)

std_1978_pontiac_grand_prix_sj-black-svlmmod.jpg

dscf3315.jpg

marlboro_cigarette_pack_v2_3d_model_c4d_obj_max_b2bc9796-e086-4775-b7b0-c49a48088382.jpg

jack-daniels-tennessee-whiskey-1Litre-mybottleshop.jpg

Me in the mountains of Western NC (out back of my cabin) around '84

alldressedformaneuvers852qd.jpg

Those were the days!

• Like 2

summer52.jpg

1952. Uptight little boy tries to keep sister in line so that photo can be taken. She turns 63 today.

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 2

Blimey I was not even a twinkle in me parents eyes in 1952 :shifty:

Where's me manners ! Happy birthday raymac's little sister blow%20out%20candles.gif

Edited by abarbarian