Jump to content


Another One for the Museum


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

    Discussion Deity

  • Forum MVP
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

Broadcom is never my choice for Linux wifi but so many laptops have it as the default solution that you'll likely have to deal with it sooner or later. MX-16 does it particularly well.
Posted Image

Registered Linux User 445659

#27 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

    Discussion Deity

  • Forum MVP
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

Finished wiping he hard drives on my 32 bit junkers and they all went to the recycler today. Now I just have to be careful not to get any more if they are offered to me. :w00tx100:
Posted Image

Registered Linux User 445659

#28 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

    Nocturnal Slacker

  • Forum Admins
  • 21,025 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

I wipe my old hard drives using a very primitive method...

Posted Image

https://www.youtube....h?v=g93mz_eZ5N4

*Why are Youtube videos no longer auto-embedding on this board?

#29 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

    Thread Kahuna

  • Forum Moderators
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 10 July 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=g93mz_eZ5N4

*Why are Youtube videos no longer auto-embedding on this board?


registered Linux user number 324659  || The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageKXStudio
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#30 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

    CLI Phreak

  • Forum Admins
  • 22,795 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

Just remove the "s" in https and it will work.

View Postsunrat, on 10 July 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 10 July 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=g93mz_eZ5N4

*Why are Youtube videos no longer auto-embedding on this board?



Oh and great tune!
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#31 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

    Thread Kahuna

  • Forum Moderators
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

Haha Josh, spoiled my setup for mystery and anticipation. I was going to spill the beans later. :D
registered Linux user number 324659  || The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageKXStudio
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#32 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

    Thread Kahuna

  • Forum MVP
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:46 AM

View Postsunrat, on 10 July 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Haha Josh, spoiled my setup for mystery and anticipation. I was going to spill the beans later. :D

Youngsters don't understand mystery and anticipation :wink:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#33 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

    CLI Phreak

  • Forum Admins
  • 22,795 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:01 AM

View Postabarbarian, on 11 July 2017 - 05:46 AM, said:

View Postsunrat, on 10 July 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Haha Josh, spoiled my setup for mystery and anticipation. I was going to spill the beans later. :D

Youngsters don't understand mystery and anticipation :wink:

Young? I just turned 39 a month ago..
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#34 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

    Thread Kahuna

  • Forum MVP
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:12 AM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 11 July 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

View Postabarbarian, on 11 July 2017 - 05:46 AM, said:

View Postsunrat, on 10 July 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Haha Josh, spoiled my setup for mystery and anticipation. I was going to spill the beans later. :D

Youngsters don't understand mystery and anticipation :wink:

Young? I just turned 39 a month ago..

As me dad used to say , "you've hardly learnt how to dry behind your ears" .  :tease:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   Hedon James

Hedon James

    Thread Head

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:54 AM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 11 July 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

View Postabarbarian, on 11 July 2017 - 05:46 AM, said:

View Postsunrat, on 10 July 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Haha Josh, spoiled my setup for mystery and anticipation. I was going to spill the beans later. :D

Youngsters don't understand mystery and anticipation :wink:

Young? I just turned 39 a month ago..

Well, according to the poll in another thread, that would make you the youngster in this forum (so far), young man!

#36 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

    CLI Phreak

  • Forum Admins
  • 22,795 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:54 AM

View Postabarbarian, on 11 July 2017 - 06:12 AM, said:

As me dad used to say , "you've hardly learnt how to dry behind your ears" .  :tease:

Tell that to my body... hehe

View PostHedon James, on 11 July 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

Well, according to the poll in another thread, that would make you the youngster in this forum (so far), young man!

What poll is that?
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#37 OFFLINE   Hedon James

Hedon James

    Thread Head

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 11 July 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

View Postabarbarian, on 11 July 2017 - 06:12 AM, said:

As me dad used to say , "you've hardly learnt how to dry behind your ears" .  :tease:

Tell that to my body... hehe

View PostHedon James, on 11 July 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

Well, according to the poll in another thread, that would make you the youngster in this forum (so far), young man!

What poll is that?

http://forums.scotsn...showtopic=95063

#38 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

    CLI Phreak

  • Forum Admins
  • 22,795 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

Thanks, I didn't see that.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users