Thump!!

Grasshopper

Grasshopper

Since I've gone to my laptop, my only complaint now is that when I shut down or reboot, my speakers thump pretty loudly.I have a Toshiba Satellite A75 S226 connected to Altec-Lansing 3 piece speaker system (two regular and one subwoofer). My old setup did not thump like this. Is there any way to alter that...besided pulling the speaker plug every time? :w00t: :D

I've experienced exactly the same thing with my Toshiba, and I suspect Temmu's right. I haven't found any way to get around it other than doing as you suggest, unplugging the speakers prior to shutdown.

My desktop has done the same thing for over two years with a CyberAcoustics 2.1 10W system.The only solution to this "problem" of the soundcard-induced "thump" (it's not really a problem, just the behavour) is to turn the speakers on after powering up the computer and to turn them off before shutting down the computer.

Edited by epp_b

Only 14%. From my computers misbehaving, I would have suspected it to be higher. OK, whose not using their share of misbehaving and passing it on to me??? B)