• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,046 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

Whilst reassuring reporters on Wednesday that he was “not at all a loser with no life”, local man Phil Avant says that the GNOME desktop is to blame for “pretty much all current world problems”.

The 23 year old believes that all the worst events in the world originated around the time of the release of GNOME 3. “It’s no coincidence, guys,” he told reporters as he browsed his RSS feed, which was curiously full of subscriptions to GNOME news articles. “Don’t y’all remember the good old days? Before that cancer GNOME 3 came along, I mean. Everything was good back then. Life was easier, simpler and nothing like nowadays.”

After hammering out a suitably negative and attention seeking post in the comment section of a GNOME-related article, Mr. Avant went on to say that he too had personally felt the effects of GNOME’s latest incarnations. “GNOME killed my dog, assaulted my girlfriend and made my mother kick me out of the house. But perhaps worst of all, it totally killed my desktop workflow,” he said.....

https://www.sudosati...world-problems/
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#2 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

Yeah...and your point is? :harhar:
Posted Image

Registered Linux User 445659

#3 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,046 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

Right... :hysterical:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#4 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:02 AM

come on, those lawn ornaments are not that bad.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#5 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,200 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:09 AM

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 28 September 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

okay, i sit corrected.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users