securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:28 PM

Nice
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#27 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:38 PM

View Postsunrat, on 22 August 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

Distro: siduction 17.1.0 Patience - kde - (201703051755)
I see you are using Siduction.  I tried it a few years ago LIVE on a flash drive but don't remember much about it.  Guess I'll have to try it again.  How do you like it?

Edited by wa4chq, 23 August 2018 - 04:49 PM.

Posted Image
REGISTERED LINUX USER #547579

#28 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:57 PM

View Postwa4chq, on 22 August 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

View Postsunrat, on 22 August 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

Distro: siduction 17.1.0 Patience - kde - (201703051755)
I see you are using Siduction.  I tried it a few years ago LIVE on a flash drive but don't remember much about it.  Guess I'll have to try it again.  How do you like it?
I've been using it since it first appeared and used it's ancestors aptosid and sidux before it, probably for over 10 years. Note it is traditionally spelled with lower case, not capitalised.
It has faithfully given me reliable performance with recently released software, something that's not guaranteed with Debian's unstable branch. Technically you could say it's based on Debian unstable but probably more correctly it is Debian unstable with a different kernel and a few tools and tweaks. As long as you check the Update Warnings thread in their forum and cancel any full-upgrade if it proposes to remove lots of packages, it's pretty safe. Upgrades come thick and fast as it's a development version of Debian. I always do a system backup before full-upgrade, which I normally do at least once a month and preferably fortnightly, but only had to restore it once in ~10 years IIRC.
The devs are very active, and post regularly on the forum to help with issues. The main ones are German so GTranslate gets used a bit. I haven't had many issues to ask about though.
As you see above, this install is from about four releases ago, still working beautifully and rolling, rolling, rolling along! ;)
registered Linux user number 324659  ||    The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users