New Device

raymac46

I am one of those dinosaurs who doesn't take photos with a smartphone. I still take along a real camera on holiday and I like to transfer (back up) my photos on a laptop. The old netbook I used for this in the past has an SD slot but it is very slow and balky - even with a lightweight Linux distro installed. I want to take my faster Thinkpad but it's missing an SD slot.

Now I do have a 10 year old card reader (one of those 17 in one behemoths with about 15 obsolete formats on it) but it is ugly, bulky and slow to boot. I decided it was worth it to invest $15 and get an up to date USB 3.0 card reader:

https://www.amazon.c...s=sd usb reader

This should work well and allow me to back up on a much faster and more powerful laptop on any future trips.

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 1

I have received my Anker USB/SD adapter and it works very well to upload photos to a PC from a camera. My old card reader often crashed my photo software when I used it but the Anker worked perfectly over USB.

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 1