Finally Disgusted Enough w/ Photobucket

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

My image servers are dropping like flies. First ImageShack goes capitalist pig dog on me; now Photobucket just basically goes to the dogs. Their new interface, special purpose icons, #hash tag horse manure, SUPER SLOW server speeds (like friggin' dial-up lately), poor image organizational tools, and the inability to search within your own albums has pretty much made my Photobucket experience a serious downer. Sad, too, because I've been using PB for many years now.

I'm a freebie user, though, so can't complain, I guess. I'll just move on instead. I'll still have my previously loaded images available on PB, just as I still do on ImageShack, but I won't be uploading anything new there unless PB makes some drastic changes. Judging by all the whining and birching on the Internet about PB right now, I'd guess that many of their users are jumping ship like the non-paying rats that we are. And that's the way it is, I s'pose.

At SecurityBreach's suggestion, I'm giving Imgur a tryout. So far, I don't like the way the Album management is set up, but I think that just because I'm so unfamiliar with their interface. I think it'll get better once I learn the ins and outs over there. At least it's fast. :)

Well, that's it for now...

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

I hope so. I need the relief. My doctor told me that I MUST stop using Photobucket because it's having a very detrimental effect on my blood pressure lately. smiley-computer003.gif

Guest LilBambi

You'll come to love imgur as it works beautifully. Trust me, I have been using it for over 4 years.

Ditto! Great site! I have been using it almost as long as Josh.

V.T. Eric Layton

would imagevenue.com work for you Eric?

Probably. That site looks a lot like the old ImageShack interface and the current ImageBam interface.

Bookmarked. Thanks. :)

Why not use Minus or Copy ? I keep my public graphic offerings on Copy.

https://copy.com/?r=Zd81hT

:breakfast:

Interesting. Never knew about them before. Bookmarked. Thanks. :)

Atseascreenshot_zps35bc53e4.jpg

I have used a program for several years called ACDSee to manage my photos on my PC. They have a cloud storage option called ACDSee365 which is paid, but quite reasonable in price. I'm testing it out for a couple of weeks.

This is a screenshot of my Windows 7 desktop which I stored on ACDSee365 and linked here.

Edited by raymac46

Guest LilBambi

Don't forget to come back and replace it with the image uploaded to imgur.com or something like that if you decide to not stay on with the ACDC365. ;)

Really hate broken picture links!

And that is a beauty!

:thumbsup:

That is sunrise on the second day of a Transatlantic crossing on the Celebrity Infinity last May. Do you realize how insane someone has to be to get up at 6 AM on a cruise - just to catch the sunrise?

Guest LilBambi

:hysterical:

But, a sunrise on a ship! That's the best ... out over the water. And then I would want to see the sunset over the water with no land in sight. And then, I would be up to see the moon rise and set...

So when does one sleep on a cruise? ;)

:hysterical:

But, a sunrise on a ship! That's the best ... out over the water. And then I would want to see the sunset over the water with no land in sight. And then, I would be up to see the moon rise and set...

So when does one sleep on a cruise? ;)

I saw a week of sunsets years ago when people actually crossed the Atlantic by ship instead of plane unless they were in a big hurry. Spectacular. Edited by ebrke

It wears off eventually. Trust me.

:D

Adam

• Like 2

I changed the pic to Photobucket and I'll leave it there as long as they let me.

And the sunsets haven't worn off for me even after 4 Transatlantic crossings. Mind you I don't have to work my passage.

It wears off eventually. Trust me.

:D

Adam

Mmm, particularly if you travel the North Atlantic at the end of November, when it's so rough you're not allowed out on deck and every meal has to be put on the table at least twice because it keeps sliding off the table. Admittedly, the sunsets were from a voyage during mid-August--never saw a sunrise or sunset a couple of years later in November. Edited by ebrke

My trips have always been in the Spring and took a South Atlantic route. When we headed north to Amsterdam in 2009, we got this in the Bay of Biscay.

Transat0132_zpsdca68bd4.jpg

Edited by raymac46

V.T. Eric Layton

WOW! That looks so NOT fun for someone as susceptible to motion sickness as I am. :icon8:

spacer.gif15445269_x.jpg

OK for you landlubbers, here's another ACDSee365 test from Train Simulator 2014 - A German Electric locomotive with some freight cars.

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 2

:offtopic: Just to hijack this thread completely, I want to say that if I were a train engineer looking for work it would never be on the DB Ruhr-Sieg line. Nice locomotives like the one shown, but the passenger schedule is brutal. You have to drive like a maniac to stay on time when you're handlng a stop-train over the line, and when you get to your penultimate destination, you are held up for 10 minutes waiting for a fast express train that never arrives. Finally you get the go-ahead, only to crash at your final stop because a signal is red and won't change for you. In real life I probably would have wiped out 50 passengers or so. :th_1sm168massbounce:
  • Like 1