#1 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Apple unveils new and interactive Mac Pro site - TUAW

Yep, you read that right ... Mac Pro site

Shortly after the keynote finished, Apple updated its website with a new, very cool, informative and interactive page for the Mac Pro. Head on over here to check this puppy out in great detail.

Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#2 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostLilBambi, on 11 June 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Apple unveils new and interactive Mac Pro site - TUAW

Yep, you read that right ... Mac Pro site

umm, aren't these people supposed to be the UI experts non parlance? I'm using IE9 on Win7 , so maybe they don't consider that a pc experience. They should at least tell people that.
I get to the first page, towards the problem it says 'Click here to scroll'
I click and get the page claiming that the MacPro is radically different ( already i'm going :huh: )
then ....
nothing , screen just sits there.
I move mouse up down and all around ( hey, feels like Win8 :devil: ) try clicking here and there (yepp, Win8) and nothing happens.

UPDATE: aha! UI by Accident , introduced in the NeXT machines , I believe.
I was moving my mouse off the IE and it 'hit' something when leaving which popped up a bubble text.
Turns out there is a menu of sorts on the right edge of the screen, small little grey (gray?) dots.

Edited by crp, 11 June 2013 - 04:02 PM.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#3 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Works great in Google Chrome ;)
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#4 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

I just used the mouse scroll wheel in the lower part of the page and when it started to slow, I waited for the extra pieces of the particular slide/frame to come in and keep scrolling after reading the new stuff on the slide.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac pro, apple, desktiop, hardware, website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users